- Performance Hybrid Architecture
Performance hybrid architecture, combining Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-Cores) to deliver balanced single-thread and multi-threaded real-world performance.
- Intel® Thread Director¹
Optimizes workloads by helping the OS scheduler intelligently distribute workloads to the optimal cores.
- PCIe 5.0 up to 16 Lanes
Offers readiness for up to 32 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 16 PCI Express 5.0 lanes.
- PCIe 4.0 up to 4 Lanes
Offers up to 16 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 4 PCI Express 4.0 lanes.
- Up to DDR5 4800 MT/s²
This industry first memory technology supports fast frequencies and high bandwidth and throughput leading to enhanced workflow and productivity.
- Up to DDR4 3200 MT/s²
Supports faster frequencies and higher bandwidth and throughput leading to enhanced workflow and productivity.
- L3 and L2 Cache
Increased shared Intel® Smart Cache (L3) and L2 cache sizes deliver large memory capacity and reduced latency for fast game loading and smooth frame rates.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost
Accelerates AI inference to improve performance for deep learning workloads.
- Gaussian & Neural Accelerator 3.0 (GNA 3.0)
IProcesses AI speech and audio applications such as neural noise cancellation while simultaneously freeing up CPU resources for overall system performance and responsiveness.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
Identifies the processor’s fastest cores and directs critical workloads to them.
- Overclocking Features and Capabilities
When paired with the Intel® Z690 chipset, processor P-cores, E-cores, and memory can be set to run at frequencies above the processor specification resulting in higher performance.
Notices & Disclaimers
- Intel® Thread Director is designed into 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and helps supporting operating systems to more intelligently channel workloads to the right core. No user action required. See intel.com for details
- Based on memory bandwidth results using Intel® Memory Latency Checker Tool v3.9a System A: Core i9-12900K on Asus Z690 TUF DDR4 Motherboard. 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 RAM System B: Core i9-12900K on Asus Z690 Prime-P DDR5 Motherboard. 2x16GB SK.Hynix 4400Mhz CL40 RAM.
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i7-12700K Processor|
|Number of Cores||12 (8P + 4E)|
|Number of Threads||20|
|Base Clock Speed||P-core: 3.60 GHz
E-core: 2.70 GHz
|Max Turbo Frequency||5.00 GHz
|Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency¹||5.00 GHz|
|Max Turbo Frequency (Single Core)||P-core: 4.90 GHz
E-core: 3.80 GHz
|Cache||Intel® Smart Cache (L3): 25 MB
L2: 12 MB
|Max Memory Bandwidth||TBA|
|ECC Memory Support||No|
|PCI Express Revision||5.0 / 4.0|
|PCI Express Configurations||Up to 1x16+1x4, 2x8+1x4, 1x8+3x4|
|Max # of PCI Express Lanes||20 Total (16 PCIe 5.0 + 4 PCIe 4.0)|
|Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology||Yes|
|Intel® Thread Director||Yes|
|Processor P-core/E-core/Graphics/ Memory Overclocking||Yes|
|Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel® DL Boost)||Yes|
|Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2)||Yes|
|Intel® Gaussian and Neural Accelerator (GNA) 3.0||Yes|
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT-x / VT-d)||Yes|
|Mode-based Execution Control (MBEC)||Yes|
|Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT)||Yes|
|Intel® Control-Flow Enforcement Technology (Intel® CET)||Yes|
|Security & Reliability|
|Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)||Yes|
|Intel® BIOS Guard||Yes|
|Intel® Boot Guard||Yes|
|Intel® OS Guard||Yes|
|Intel® Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller Virtualization (Intel® APIC-v)||Yes|
|Intel® Secure Key||Yes|
|Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT)||Yes|
|Thermal Solution||None (Sold Separately)|
|Max TDP||125 W|
|Maximum Turbo Power||190 W|
|Architecture||Intel 7 (10nm Enhanced SuperFin)|
|Socket||Socket LGA 1700|
- This feature may not be available on all computing systems. Please check with the system vendor to determine if your system delivers this feature, or reference the system specifications (motherboard, processor, chipset, power supply, HDD, graphics controller, memory, BIOS, drivers, virtual machine monitor-VMM, platform software, and/or operating system) for feature compatibility. Functionality, performance, and other benefits of this feature may vary depending on system configuration.
Max Turbo Frequency refers to the maximum single-core processor frequency that can be achieved with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. See www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/ for more information.
System and Maximum TDP is based on worst case scenarios. Actual TDP may be lower if not all I/Os for chipsets are used.