USB to USB-C Adapter with Power Delivery - USB-C to USB-A and USB-C - USB 3.0
Convert your USB 3.0 laptop docking station to connect to a USB-C laptop
Dock your USB-C™ laptop using a USB 3.0 Type-A laptop docking station, with additional support for Power Delivery. This USB to USB-C™ adapter lets you convert your USB 3.0 laptop docking station to connect a USB-C™ laptop, MacBook or MacBook Pro, and it adds laptop charging support, so you can keep your laptop powered and charged while it's docked, using your USB-C™ laptop's power adapter.
- Convert a USB 3.0 docking station into a USB-C™ laptop docking station
- Supports USB Power Delivery 2.0 (up to 60W) to power and charge your MacBook Pro or laptop, when coupled with the laptop's USB-C™ based power adapter
- Connect legacy USB 3.0 devices, like an external hard drive to your USB-C™ laptop
- A small-footprint design that's lightweight and compact, for maximum portability
- Universal, multi-platform compatible with fast, easy installation and native support in most operating systems (Windows®, macOS®, Chrome OS®, Linux®)
- Plug-and-play, and supports hot-swapping or hot-plugging
- Integrated cable features a small and reversible USB-C™ connector, and it's Thunderbolt™ 3 data port compatible
- Connect your MacBook Pro, MacBook or other USB-C™ laptop to a USB 3.0 laptop docking station with Power Delivery support
- Connect legacy USB 3.0 devices to your USB-C™ laptop
- Power both the adapter and your laptop simultaneously, using your laptop's USB-C™ based power adapter
- Expand the connection options on your USB-C™ laptop by adding a USB-A port in addition to your USB-C™ port
- Carry the adapter with you while you're traveling, and connect virtually any USB peripheral wherever you go
- Perfect for home, office, hot-desk, BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), and CYOD (Choose Your Own Device) environments
Convert Your USB 3.0 Laptop Docking Station to Connect a USB-C™ Laptop, With Support to Charge Your Laptop
Enjoy the same workstation functionality you've grown accustomed to, without having to replace your USB 3.0 docking station with a USB-C™ dock. Connect the USB-C™ adapter to your laptop using the built-in USB-C™ cable, then use a USB 3.0 (Type-A) cable to connect from the adapter to your existing USB 3.0 docking station.
In addition, you can power and charge compatible USB-C laptops using a USB Type-C™ power adapter that connects through the USB-C™ port on the adapter. The adapter supports USB Power Delivery 2.0 up to 60W.
Connect Legacy USB 3.0 Devices, Plus Power and Charge Your Laptop
The adapter is also ideal for connecting legacy USB 3.0 devices, such as your existing external hard drive, to a newer USB-C™ laptop. Now, you can access your current devices and avoid the cost of upgrading to newer USB-C™ devices.
The power delivery option to charge a laptop can also be used in this configuration. Simply connect the adapter to a USB-C™ power adapter through the available USB-C™ port.
Expand Your USB Connectivity
Extend the life of your current USB 3.0 devices and take advantage of newer devices that feature USB-C™.
This USB 3.0 hub lets you expand your USB connection options using the USB-C™ port on your computer. It offers one USB-A port and one USB-C™ port, so you can connect traditional USB devices as well as newer USB-C™ devices to your USB-C™ laptop.
The HB30C1A1CPD is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required
- Available USB Type-C™ port - USB 3.0 (5Gbps) (to ensure the hub powers and charges you laptop, your host laptop's USB-C™ port must support USB Power Delivery 2.0)
- Optional: USB-C™ power adapter (for example, your laptop's USB-C™ based power adapter)
|Product||USB-C to USB-A and USB-C Adapter w/ Power Delivery|
|Standards||USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1|
|Connectors||1 x USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 Male
1 x USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female
1 x USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 Female
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Cable Length||4.5" (114mm)|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)
Storage: -10°C to 55°C (14°F to 131°F)
|Humidity||40% ~ 50% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Dimensions (WxHxL)||1.7" x 0.4" x 11.5" (43.5 x 10.5 x 293 mm)|
Note: Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your host laptop's USB-C port supports USB Power Delivery 2.0
The hub can connect to a host laptop's USB-C port that doesn't support USB Power Delivery 2.0. However, in this configuration if a power adapter is connected to the hub, it will not pass power through to your host laptop.
USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps.
- StarTech USB 3.0 USB-C to USB-A and USB-C Adapter
- Quick Start Guide