The USB31000SW USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter adds a single RJ45 Ethernet port to a USB-enabled computer system, with support for Gigabit network connections at full bandwidth when used with a USB 3.0 host connection, unlike USB 2.0 adapters.
This compact USB 3.0 network adapter is backward compatible with older USB 2.0/1.x computer systems (speed limited by USB bus), making it the ideal portable replacement network adapter or laptop accessory. Plus, with support for features such as Jumbo Frames, VLAN tagging and Wake on LAN (WOL), the adapter offers versatile Gigabit network perforamance for home and business users alike.
The USB31000SW USB 3.0 Gigabit adapter is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Full Gigabit bandwidth support over USB 3.0
- IEEE 802.3, 802.3u and 802.3ab (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T) compatible
- Crossover Detection & Auto-Correction (Auto MDIX)
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging support
- Jumbo Frame support
- Supports Checksum Offload (IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP) and Large Send Offload
- Activity and Link LED indicators
- Compact, lightweight design
- Add Gigabit Ethernet capabilities to a desktop or laptop
- Replace a failed integrated network adapter with an external, USB Gigabit Ethernet connection, instead of having to open a desktop or laptop computer case
USB 3.0 A (9 pin; SuperSpeed) Male
|Industry Standards||IEEE802.3i, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3az|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Max Distance||100 m / 330 ft|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64)
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2003(32/64)
Mac OS 10.6 - 10.8
Linux Kernel 2.6.14 - 3.5.0
|Dimensions||0.6 x 8.3 x 1 inch
16 x 210 x 26 mm