Average Rating: With 3 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
OA from Calgary writes:
- Good Idea
- Lasted 4 days
- Bought the 3+1 port (MX44921) a few months ago. It stopped working after 2 weeks. Bought this one to replace it and it only lasted 4 days.
Economical card with best chipset
Dan from Edmonton writes:
- - Uses Renesas USB 3.0 chipset - Fast throughput needed for full-speed USB 3.0 - Fast enough to support 1080p 60fps video capture devices
- - the included USB driver CD is out of date, so don't use it; Windows Update will have the newest, so an internet connection is req'd.
- I bought this card because my motherboard's USB 3.0 couldn't handle the speeds needed to capture 1080p60 video from my capture device. Many manufacturers suggested this chipset for best performance and compatibility, and they were exactly right. USB storage is also noticeably faster. Memory Express also sells a 3-port external w/1 internal version of this card, which is otherwise identical.
Very good, recommended!
Chris P from Calgary writes:
- Good chipset, uDP720201. Works perfectly in Windows 7 x64, with a PCIe 1.0. Very good value for the money, with 2 external and 2 internal ports.
- Not a product weakness, but Memory Express should carry the companion Vantec UGT-IH203 2 PORT USB 3.0 Front Panel (3.5" bay); I had to order this from others.
- Go for this, it will be compatible even with old PCIe like mine, and works just fine in Windows 7 x64 (Can't comment about other installations).