Industry-Leading Ergonomic Design
Given the time you spend with your hands on a keyboard, investing in the newest addition to Microsoft's best-selling line of ergonomic keyboards can pay dividends in greater comfort. According to some studies, ergonomic keyboard designs, such as the Microsoft Natural line, have been associated with significant reduction of carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms. Rest your wrists against the plush palm rest in a relaxed, natural angle with this keyboard's curved key bed, ergonomic arc, and reversed slope. Apart from comfort and support, enjoy quick, customizable way to reach files, folders, and web pages with handy hot keys. For close-in tasks, use the Zoom Slider, located in the middle of the keyboard, to zoom in and out with the touch of a finger.
Find out how ergonomics can lead to healthier and happier computing.
Don't just think about neck, arm, and back health when you are at the office. At Microsoft, Dr. Dan Odell, the company's certified ergonomist, believes the science of ergonomics means making all tasks at the computer more fun and more relaxed as well as more efficient, no matter where you are.
Endorsed by ergonomics professionals
Trust in the comfort and reliability of ergonomic keyboards that have been popular since 1994. The team of ergonomists and usability experts at Microsoft has continually made advancements in making the computing experience more comfortable, more intuitive, and more helpful.
Comfort in a keyboard
Work in comfort and avoid aches and pains from improper wrist and arm alignment by choosing an ergonomic keyboard designed by Microsoft.
Make it a priority to use an ergonomic keyboard at home, not just at work. With the proper keyboard, you can make your time on the computer more comfortable and more enjoyable. The curved shape of Microsoft ergonomic keyboards promote a more natural hand, wrist, and forearm posture.
Taskbar Favorites for Windows 7
Want to tap into the power of Windows 7? Our keyboards are the key. Want to make your time on the computer more relaxing and trouble-free? The new Taskbar Favorites keys can make your life easier. Effortlessly access programs, such as Mail, the Internet Explorer, or your Library Documents folder, with the push of a button. The new Taskbar Favorites keys map to the location of applications on the Windows Taskbar.
Automatic updates for application location
The Taskbar Favorites feature is aware when you rearrange the location of applications locations on the Windows Taskbar by clicking and dragging. The hot keys automatically find the programs – no need to reprogram!
- Zoom – Get a closer look quickly and accurately with the intuitive Zoom Slider.
- Customizable Hot Keys – Perform common tasks, like opening documents and replying to email messages, with the touch of a button.
- Improved Number Pad – Quickly reach for commonly used symbols, such as equal sign, parentheses, and "Backspace." They are now located just above the number pad.
- Ergonomic Design – Type in total comfort – ergonomic design encourages natural wrist and arm alignment so you can work without discomfort.
- Device Stage – Quickly and easily access common tasks, including product information, registration, settings, and more for popular devices such as cell phones, cameras, printers, and mouse, keyboard, and webcam products.
- Taskbar Favorites – Easily access programs in the taskbar with convenient keyboard hot keys. The keys automatically adapt to the new location of applications that have been rearranged by dragging.
- Email and Internet Hot Keys – Touch a button to quickly access your email application and the Internet.
- Multimedia Keys – Quickly and easily access and control all of your media from your keyboard.
- Lockable F Key – Lock your F keys to avoid engaging them unintentionally.
- Integrated Palm Rest – Get better support with this plush, integrated palm rest.
- Cutting-Edge Design – Whether you're at work or play, improve your performance with cutting-edge Microsoft design.
For a Microsoft Windows-based PC:
Requires a PC that meets the requirements for and has installed one of these operating systems:
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP (excluding Windows XP 64-bit)
- Pentium 233 MHz processor or higher
- 60 MB of available hard disk space (install 100 MB)
- USB port
- CD drive
- Microsoft IntelliType Pro software version 7.0
For a Macintosh PC:
- Macintosh Mac OS X versions 10.2-10.4
- 30 MB of available hard disk space (install 30 MB)
- USB port
- CD drive
- Microsoft IntelliType Pro for Mac software version 7.0. Users of Mac OS X v10.2 must install IntelliType Pro for Mac software before connecting the hardware.
Internet Hot Keys are supported for use with:
- Windows-based PC: Browser support (only with software installed): Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.0 or later; MSN® Explorer versions 7.0 and 8.0; Netscape Navigator Versions 6.1, 6.2, 7.0; and AOL versions 7.0, 8.0, 9.0
- Macintosh PC: Browser support (only with software installed): Apple Safari 1.2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.2.3, MSN Explorer 4, Netscape Navigator 7, Mozilla Firefox 1.0, Opera 7
Multimedia Hot Keys are supported for use with:
- Windows-based PC: Versions of Microsoft CD Player, Microsoft Deluxe CD, Microsoft Windows Media® Player, and certain versions of other popular media players and browsers
- Macintosh PC: iTunes
|Keyboard||Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|
|Hot Keys||Mail, Web/Home, Search, Back, Forward, My Favorites, My Favorites 1, My Favorites 2, My Favorites 3, My Favorites 4, My Favorites 5, Calculator, Equals, Open Parenthesis, Close Parenthesis, Back Arrow, and Forward Arrow
Enhanced Function Keys: Help, Undo, Redo, New, Open, Close, Reply, Forward, Send, Spell, Save, and Print
|Media Keys||Mute, Volume -, Volume +, and Play/Pause|
|Typing Speed||1000 characters per minute|
|Cable Length||5 ft / 1.53 m|
|Temperature||Storage: -40 °F (-40 °C) to 140 °F (60 °C)
Operating: 32 °F (-0°C) to 95 °F (35 °C)
|Humidity||Storage: < 5% to 65% (non-condensing)
Operating: < 5% to 80% (non-condensing)
|Dimensions||19.8 x 10.3 x 3.26 inches (LxWxH)
503 x 262 x 82.8 mm (LxWxH)
|Weight||45.9 oz / 1.30 kg|
- Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
- Removable Wrist Rest
- Operating manual