Affordable, Easy Voice Collaboration
Get simple, highly secure, and highly cost-effective voice communications for small to large businesses with the Cisco IP Phone 7841. It is an ideal endpoint for moderately active voice communications needs of workers, administrative staff, and managers. Cisco on-premises, hosted, Webex Calling, and third-party call control offer flexible deployment options.
- Four line and programmable feature keys enable quick access to telephony features and staff
- High-resolution, graphical grayscale display makes viewing easier
- Dedicated fixed keys** ease communications for increased efficiency
- Built-in speakerphone adds freedom with hands-free communications
- Wideband for enhanced audio clarity is supported with handset, speaker, or a headset
Simple, Cost-Effective Administration
Key features to ease and reduce costs of administration include:
- Flexible deployment options with Cisco on-premises, hosted, and Webex Calling.***
- Cisco Expressway supports remote worker single sign-on access without a VPN client
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Class 1 and Cisco EnergyWise lowers energy costs
- Integrated IEEE 10/100 switch reduces installation costs and footprint at the desk
- Cisco Webex Phone OS consolidates administration with common software to both the IP Phone 7800 Series and IP Phone 8800 Series
*Includes messaging, directory, speaker, and a two-way navigation button
**Telephony features may vary by vendor platform. Contact your Cisco representative for supported platforms.
The Cisco IP Phone 7841 require a Enhanced User Connect License (UCL) in order to connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
|Device Type||IP Phone|
|Graphical display||White backlit, greyscale, 3.5” 396×162 pixel-based display|
|Handset||Standard wideband-capable audio handset
Standard wideband-capable RJ-9 audio port
- Hearing aid-compatible (HAC) and meets Federal Communications Commission (FCC) loudness requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). You can achieve Section 508 loudness requirements by using industry-standard inline handset amplifiers such as Walker Equipment W-10 or CE-100 amplifiers. The dial pad is also ADA-compliant.
|Backlit Indicator||Audio path keys (handset, headset and speakerphone), select key, line keys, and message waiting.|
|Full duplex speakerphone||Yes|
|Foot stand||Dual-position foot stand (30° & 45°)
Removeable for wall mounting
|Wall-mountable||Yes, using optional wall-mount kit (sold seperately)|
|Electronic hook switch||Yes|
Two-way navigation and select keys
Hold/Resume, Transfer and Conference keys
Messaging, Service and Directory keys
Standard key pads
Volume control toggle key
Speakerphone, headset and mute keys
|Ethernet Port||10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet connection through two RJ-45 ports, one for the LAN connection and the other for a downstream Ethernet device connection like a PC.|
|Ethernet cable||Category 5/5e/6 for 1000-Mbps cables with 4 pairs|
|PoE||IEEE 802.3af PoE (Class 1)
Power consumption does not exceed 3.84 watts.
|AC Power Adapter|| Sold Seperately
Cisco power cube 3 (CP-PWR-CUBE-3=) and Cisco power adapter 3 (CP-PWR-ADPT-3) are used as standard Cisco IP Phone Power Supplies for non-PoE deployments.
|Power injector|| Sold Seperately
Compatible with Cisco Aironet Power Injector (AIR-PWRINJ5=).
|Cisco Unified Communications Manager||8.5.1
10.x and later
|Cisco Business Edition 6000|| 8.6.2
10.x and later
|Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution||8.6.2 and later (using supported UCM versions above)|
|Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony||8.x and later|
|Dimensions||207 x 206 x 28mm (exclude foot stand)|