IronWolf™ – The Power of Agility for Home, SOHO and SMB NAS Enclosures
IronWolf™ is designed for everything NAS. Get used to tough, ready and scalable 24x7 performance that can handle multi-drive environments with a wide range of capacities.
Be Tough. Be Ready.
For everything NAS, there's IronWolf and IronWolf Pro - always on, always working. Built for multi-user environments and high workload rates, these NAS hard drives are enhanced with AgileArray technology for optimal reliability and system scalability.
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray™. AgileArray is built for dual-plane balancing and RAID optimization in multi-bay environments with the most advanced power management possible
- Actively protect your NAS with IronWolf Health Management focusing on prevention, intervention and recovery
- High performance means no lag times or downtime for users during high traffic time for the NAS. Seagate leads the competition with the highest performance in NAS-class drives
- Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors. First in its class of drives to include RV sensors to maintain high performance in multi-drive NAS enclosure
- Range of capacities up to 16TB. More capacity options means more choices that will fit within the budget. Seagate provides a scalable solution for any NAS use-case scenario
- Do more in multi-user environments. IronWolf provides a workload rate of 180TB/year. Multiple users can confidently upload and download data to the NAS server, knowing IronWolf can handle the workload, whether you are a creative professional or a small business
- Designed for always on, always accessible 24x7 performance. Access your data on your NAS any time, remotely or on site
- 1M hours MTBF, 3-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with reduced maintenance costs
Tough. Ready. Scalable.
For everything NAS, there's IronWolf™. Always on and always working, IronWolf is enhanced with AgileArray™ technology for optimal reliability and system agility. Multi-user technology and extreme workload rates allow IronWolf to perform and scale up with your enterprise.
IronWolf + the Power of AgileArray:
- NAS-optimized hard drive for the best-possible user experience
- IronWolf Health Management in compatible NAS* systems continuously helps to safeguard the health of your data
- Drive balance with Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors manage multi-bay vibration for long-term consistent performance and reliability
- RAID performance optimized that maximizes responsiveness and uptime with NAS-aware Error Recovery Control
- Advanced power management saves energy and delivers the right power at the right time
Note: IronWolf Health Management is only available in capacities of 4 TB and up.
AgileArray and the Power of IronWolf for Your NAS
IronWolf™ is built with AgileArray™. NAS-optimized for the best NAS experience possible, AgileArray focuses on drive balance, RAID optimization and power management.
- Dual-plane balance and Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors mitigate vibration in multi-bay NAS enclosures for consistent performance and reliability
- RAID optimization increases performance and reliability with error recovery control for better data integrity
- Advanced power management saves energy and delivers power when the NAS needs it most
Do More With Multi-User Technology
Do more with your NAS with multi-user technology. Enabling user workloads of up to 180TB/year on IronWolf, multiple users can confidently upload and download data to a NAS server. Whether you're a creative pro or a small business, IronWolf is on your side.
Be Creative Anywhere With IronWolf™ and Your NAS
Extensible and reliable storage helps keep you and your creative business on schedule. IronWolf is a great companion for your NAS for 24x7 remote access, backups and file sharing from anywhere, making sharing ideas easy. For growing agencies and the need for more storage, IronWolf is built to address NAS scalability challenges.
Protect Your Drive
When you purchase and register an IronWolf drive, a Rescue Recovery Data Plan is included for 3 years. You'll have access to a global team of world-class data recovery experts in case of unexpected data loss.*
Grow Your Business NAS
A thriving small business needs storage that can thrive with it. IronWolf is optimized for NAS in multi-RAID environments that not only handle the vibration, but also handle the high user workload rate in a high data traffic network. Enter Multi-User Technology -- providing up to 180TB a year for IronWolf.
Game More With IronWolf Equipped NAS
Modern gaming consoles do double duty as home media servers, but limited storage makes keeping every file locally-stored a challenge. Gamers can move music and videos to a NAS equipped with IronWolf and use it as a storage target for media streaming. Get the most out of your console. With capacities ranging from 1TB to 16TB, you'll be able to stream all the content you want from your NAS to your game console, and be able to view it on your high definition TV.
Dominate The Media
Build your home NAS media empire with IronWolf HDDs. IronWolf and IronWolf Pro lead the class in storage capacity with drives as large as 16TB, and the performance needed to run high definition content with your NAS. Store thousands of full-length HD films and even more photographs on your private server. Think of it as your home cloud.
|Product||Seagate 8TB IronWolf NAS HDD|
|Interface||SATA III (6Gb/s)|
|Form Factor||3.5" HDD|
|Number of Drive Bays Supported||1 ~ 8|
|Spindle Speed||7,200 RPM|
|Error Recovery Control||Yes|
|Max Sustained Data Transfer Rate OD Read||210 MB/s|
|I/O data-transfer rate, Max||600 MB/s|
|Discs / Heads||N/A|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 in 1015 per Bits Read|
|Power-On Hours (per year)||8,760|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)||180 TB/year|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||1 Million Hours|
|Temperature||Operating (ambient min.): 5 °C
Operating (drive case max.): 70 °C
Non-operating (ambient): -40 to 70 °C
|Shock, 2ms (max, Gs)||Operating: 70 Gs
Non-operating: 250 Gs
|Acoustics||Idle: 2.8 bels
Operating: 3.2 bels
|Power Consumption||Startup Current, Typical (12Vdc): 1.8A
Operating Mode, Average: 8.8W
Idle Average: 7.6W
|Voltage Tolerance||5Vdc: ±5%
|Dimensions||147 x 101.9 x 26.1mm|