ASUS Tinker Edge T Single Board Computer1 w/ Google EDGE TPU Processor
Ultimate Performance for Edge Devices
- 3rd Gen ASUS Tinker Board Design
- Google Edge TPU for AI Apps
- Advanced power design
- Tools for easy deploying ML model
- Friendly tools for burning images
AI accelerator (Edge TPU)
Tinker Edge T is a bare bones Single Board Computer1 (SBC) specially designed for AI applications. It features the Google Edge TPU, a machine learning (ML) accelerator that speeds up processing efficiency, lowers power demands and makes it easier to build connected devices and intelligent applications.
With this onboard ML accelerator, Tinker Edge T is capable of performing four Tera Pperations per Second (TOPS) using only 2 watts per power! It is also optimized for TensorFlow Lite models, making it easy to compile and run common ML models.
- Design for edge AI applications: Features onboard ML accelerator Google Edge TPU, optimized for TensorFlow Lite models, provides high performance ML inferencing
- CPU and GPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 and integrated GC7000 Lite Graphics support for better computing performance
- Memory and storage: LPDDR4 1GB memory, onboard 8GB eMMC 1 and Micro SD(TF) card slot for storage
- Multiple connectivity options: Dual MIPI CSI for stereoscopic applications, compatible with DSI touch panel, HDMI port for display and USB 3.2 Gen 1 port for date transfer
- Advanced power design: Supports 12V~19V Wide-range DC-in and power-protection design
NXP i.MX 8M Processor
With its powerful and modern quad-core ARM-based NXP i.MX 8M processor, Tinker Edge T offers a powerful solution for graphics, machine vision, video, audio, voice and safety-critical applications. Tinker Edge T features 1 GB of Low Power DDR4 dual-channel memory, the 4th gen of low-power DDR DRAM technology, offering faster speeds and even lower power consumption for improved system performance and efficiency. Tinker Edge T also comes equipped with an onboard 8GB eMMC and SD 3.0 interface that offers significantly faster read and write speeds for the OS, applications and file storage.
Advanced power design
Most SBC motherboards only offer a 15 watt (5V/3A) power design, which can cause device and system instability when there are multiple connected devices. Other SBCs have power designs that lower the performance of their I/O ports. Tinker Edge T has a special power design that, together with a DC head power supply, delivers up to 45 watts of power, enabling stable system operation and full I/O performance, even with multiple connected devices. Additionally, an exclusive power-protection design activates automatically if the supplied current and voltage change significantly, effectively protecting the board and all connected devices.
More connectivity options for makers
Tinker Edge T features a rich I/O interface, including one MIPI-DSI connection for displays and touch screens, and two MIPI-CSI connections for compatible cameras to enable computer vision for applications such as depth measurement, smart vending machine QR code payment systems and interactive advertising.
Tinker Edge T has a maker-friendly design that offers many carefully considered features to provide a superior experience for first-time builders and seasoned hobbyists alike. Programmable LEDs let makers develop custom lighting behaviors, such as system notifications and status indicators, and the color-coded GPIO header makes it easy to recognize respective pin headers.
Tinker Edge T also features a full-size HDMI port, USB Type-A, USB Type-C, Figabit LAN and integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for internet and network connectivity.
Tinker Edge T includes an active heatsink, which helps improve heat dissipation under heavy loading or in hot ambient environments.
Neural network tools for users
ASUS provides a robust API and SDK that enables users to deploy machine learning models to Tinker Edge T easily for applications such as image classification and object detection.
OS Flash Tool
Tinker Edge T comes with a cross-platform OS flash tool that enables easy OS image flashing to SD cards and USB drives, enabling you to get your system up and running quickly.
Enhanced OS Interface
An intuitive software interface offers makes it easy to navigate the features of Tinker Edge T, and shortcuts provide quick, convenient access to commonly user functions.
|Make and Model||ASUS Tinker Edge T Barebones Computer|
|Part Number||TINKER EDGE T|
|Processors||NXP i.MX 8M 1.5GHz Quad Core 64-bit Processor w/ 4x Cortex-A53 Processors
Google Edge Tensor NN Processor
|Graphics||CPU Integrated GC7000 Lite 3D GPU|
|Memory||1GB Dual Channel Low Power DRR4 RAM|
|Storage||1x microSD Card Slot w/ 8GB eMMC Flash Card, included|
|WiFi||Realtek RTL8211F-CG Chipset:
Wireless IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac
|Bluetooth||Realtek RTL8211F-CG Chipset:
|Exterior I/O ports||1x Micro SD (TF) card slot (pull & push)
1x HDMI port
1x 22-pin MIPI DSI
1x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C OTG port
2x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A ports
2x 24-pin MIPI CSI-2 ports for optional video cameras
|On Board I/O Ports||Internal 1/0 1x 40-pin headers with:
up to 28x GPIO pins
up to 1x SPI bus
up to 2x I2C bus
up to 2x UART
up to 3x PWM
up to 1x PCM/I2S
2x 5Vdc power pins
2x 3.3Vdc power pins
8x Ground pins
1x Boot mode switch
Operating: 0 ~ 50° C
Standby: -40 ~ 85° C
|Power||Input: 12 ~ 19Vdc
Powered via 40-Pin GPIO Port
(Power Supply not included)
|Dimensions||85.6 x 54.0mm|
- This barebones computer is incomplete and will not run by itself as is. It requires a compatible Power Supply and a compatible Power Cable. You will also require other peripherals; from a keyboard and mouse, to a HDMI display, sensors, switches, external video cameras, etc. Tinker Board Single Board Computers are designed to be used to learn about computer hardware and software, programming, hardware control of devices, IOT, etc. and not for general tasks typically associated with computers running Windows® or macOS.