The New Desktop Performance Leader
Blur the line between elite gaming performance and professional content creation with the most advanced desktop processors in the world.²
First processors with PCIe® 4.0, delivering double the graphics and storage bandwidth³
Massive 72MB GameCache memory on-chip to boost game performance
Cool, quiet, and efficient 7-nanometer technology
Dominant Content Creation
Let your creativity run wild with 16 cores and 32 threads that empower you to easily meet each project’s unique demands.
Built for You. Designed to Win.
The World’s Most Powerful 16-Core Desktop Processor¹
Engineered to inspire and empower gamers, streamers, and creators. AMD’s Ryzen™ 9 3950X processor doesn’t just perform, it’s designed to win. Blur the line between elite gaming performance and professional content creation with the most advanced desktop processor in the world, powered by 7nm “Zen 2” architecture. AMD now offers 16 cores, and 32 threads with the new AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, ready to create, game, and do everything you throw at it.
Higher speeds. More memory. Wider bandwidth. You must push every lever, squeeze every ounce, and leave nothing on the table. AMD’s 3rd Gen Ryzen™ processor was designed to break expectations and set a new standard for high-performance processors.
The 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processor is built using the world’s most advanced manufacturing technology to deliver winning performance while keeping your system astonishingly cool & quiet.
3rd Gen Ryzen processors feature support for the world’s first PCIe 4.0 ready platform, enabling the most advanced motherboards, graphics, and storage technologies available.
Extreme Performance for Gamers, Streamers and Creators
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Architecture
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Technology
Introducing GameCache on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors
AMD Ryzen™ Ready Socket AM4 Platform
AMD’s mainstream computing platform, updated with the new X570 chipset.
7nm “Zen 2” Architecture
Get a PC that’s cooler, quieter and faster while gaming and creating.
Optimized For Liquid Cooling
Pair your Ryzen™ 9 3950X with a liquid cooling system for unparalleled performance
AMD RYZEN™ 9 3950X
- 16 CPU Cores
- 32 Threads
- 4.7GHz Max Boost Clock
- 3.5GHz Base Clock
- Cooler Not Included, Liquid Cooling Recommended
- 105W TDP
|Model Number||Ryzen™ 9 3950X|
|Number of Cores||16|
|Number of Threads||32|
|Base Clock||3.5 GHz|
|Max Boost Clock||4.7 GHz|
|System Memory Speed||Up to 3200MHz|
|System Memory Type||DDR4|
|PCI Express Version||PCIe 4.0 x16|
|Supported Technologies||AMD StoreMI Technology
AMD SenseMI Technology
AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility
|Thermal Solution||Cooler Not Included, Liquid Cooling Recommended|
|Process Technology||TSMC 7nm FinFET|
- Testing by AMD performance labs on 09/15/2019, comparing the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (AMD's fastest 16-core) to the Intel Core i9-9960X (Intel's fastest 16-core), Using the Cinebench R20 single-core benchmark score and Cinebench R20 multi-core benchmark score to measure single-core and multi-core performance for each processor. Performance results may vary. RZ3-72
- AMD’s product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. GD-26
- Precision Boost Overdrive requires an AMD Ryzen Threadripper, AMD Ryzen 5 3000, AMD Ryzen 7 3000, or AMD Ryzen 9 3000 Series processor and a motherboard compatible with one or more of these processors. Because Precision Boost Overdrive enables operation of the processor outside of specifications and in excess of factory settings, use of the feature invalidates the AMD product warranty and may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. GD-135
- Ryzen™ 9 3950X Processor
- Bezel Sticker
- Instructions / Warranty Sheet