ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2: Extreme M.2 SSD Storage Performance
ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 PCIe 3.0 x4 Expansion Card V2 supports 4 NVMe M.2 (2242/2260/2280/22110) up to 128 Gbps for Intel® VROC and AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ NVMe RAID
Ramp up your PC's storage transfer performance beyond everyone's expectations; up to 128GB per second! Blow past traditional storage speeds beyond 20 times faster than the best SATA III SSDs, more than 60 times faster than the quickest enterprise HDDs.
Add additional storage to your system with the Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2 from ASUS. Using an empty x8 or x16 PCIe slot, this card provides you with four PCIe M.2 slots with up to a 22110 form factor. For the best performance, you can configure NVMe drives in RAID for data transfer speeds of up to 128 Gb/s. At the back of the card are four status LEDs and a fan power switch, which it uses in combination with its heatsink cover to keep your drives cool and prevent throttling.
Supports Optional Intel® VROC Technology on Select Hardware
Gain additional features like Boot Drive Functionality as well as RAID 1, RAID 5 support with the use of the Intel® VROC Key on supporting X299 Motherboards running matching Intel® Skylake X CPUs.
- Intel® VROC ready and NVMe RAID support on AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™
- New two-phase power solution with up to 14W output
- Supports four additional NVMe M.2 drives using Intel® VROC for transfer speeds up to 128Gbps
- PCI Express 3.0 x16 interface, compatible with PCI Express x8 and x16 slots
- Stylish heatsink and integrated blower style fan prevent M.2 throttling
RAID on CPU
Hyper M.2 x 16 card V2 is compatible with Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) and the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform for NVMe RAID support. Unused CPU PCle® lanes can be assigned to storage, allowing you to create a bootable RAID array with multiple M.2 SSDs.
Design for Unthrottled Transfer Speed
The ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 V2 card provides four M.2 slots to let you expand your system with high-performance SSD storage. Designed for the latest generation of NVMe drives, the card features an upgraded power supply that provides up to 14W of power per drive, as well as a large heatsink and active fan to ensure drives stay cool for optimum performance.
One Card, 4X the Bandwidth
Hyper M.2 x16 is designed specifically for Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) and the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform for NVMe RAID support and features four M.2 slots, providing up to 128 Gbps of bandwidth per card.
- Fits up to 4x M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD Cards (2242, 2260, 2280 or 22110)
- Supports up to 128GB/sec2 data transfers across all 4 card slots
- Each Memory Card Slot supports up to 32GB/sec (256Gb/sec) transfers
- Supports Intel® VROC Technology, which enables primary boot device status
- Intel® VROC1 requires purchasing an optional Intel® VROC Key, available separately
- Supports RAID 0 on all brands of M.2 Cards (Identical cards required)
RAID 1 and RAID 5 support available w/ optional Intel® VROC Key
- Brushed Aluminum Case keeps your M.2 Drives under cover
- Integrated Fan helps keep things running cool
Note: This card can only be used as a BOOT DRIVE with ASUS brand motherboards with compatible chipsets
Requires a PC with:
- Available PCIe x16 Card slot
- Requires 1 ~ 4 Identical M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD Cards (not included)
Intel® VROC support requires:
- Available PCIe x16 Card slot
- 1 ~ 4 Identical Intel® Brand M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD Cards (not included)
- An Intel® VROC Key
- Intel® VROC ready for X299, Z370 and Z390 Series Motherboard models. (It supports Intel® SSDs only.)
- AMD® X399/X470/B450/X370/B350 Series Motherboard models*
* Maximum number of M.2 SSD support will vary, depending on different CPUs. Please see the FAQ link for further information: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1037507
|Make and Model||ASUS M.2 PCIe Adapter Card|
|Part Number||HYPER M.2 X16 CARD V2|
|Physical Interface||PCIe 3.0 x16 card|
|M.2 Card Slots||4x M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 (2242/2260/2280/22110) card slots|
|Read / Write Speeds2||Up to 128GB/second Total Data Transfers
Up to 32GB/second Data Transfers per Card Slot
|LED & Button||1 x M.2 FAN Power Switch
4 x M.2 Access LEDs
|Boot Drive Use||Only supports Boot Drive use when used with Optional Intel® VROC technology on matching hardware1
Note: This card can only be used as a BOOT DRIVE with ASUS brand motherboards with compatible chipsets.
|Optional VROC Key Functionality1||Adds RAID 1 and RAID 5 support
Supports Boot Drive functionality
|Intel® VROC Support||Supports Intel® VROC technology with optional Intel® VROC Key when used with identical Intel® Brand SSDs, on matching Intel® X299 Motherboards w/ a VROC Card Slot and Intel® RSTe technology, and an Intel® Skylake X-Series Processor|
|Power||PCIe Bus Powered|
|Dimensions||202 x 96 x 13 mm|
- Optional Intel® VROC Key supports RAID 1, Raid 5 and Boot Drive functionality with identical Intel® Brand SSDs on matching Intel® X299 Motherboards w/ a VROC Card Slot and Intel® RSTe technology, and an Intel® Skylake X-Series Processor
- Actual data transfer rates depend on the M.2 PCIe SSDs and Raid Type used