Amazing Versatility with Unmatched Dependability
Seagate's BarraCuda HDD Series Leads with some of the Highest Capacities for Desktop Computers
This Barracuda HDD holds 2TB, but other drives are available up to 8TB. The BarraCuda storage portfolio is a great option for upgrades at any price point. Seagate brings over 20 years of trusted performance and reliability to the Seagate® BarraCuda® 3.5-inch HDD Series. The uncompromising BarraCuda Pro marries industry leading storage capacity with snappy performance and load times when gaming or performing heavy workloads.
Best Fit Applications
- Desktops and All-in-One PCs
- Home Servers
- Entry-level direct-attached storage devices (DAS)
3.5-Inch BarraCuda Hard Drives: Unrivaled Desktop Legacy
Built on proven reliability and innovation, BarraCuda hard drives are available in an industry-leading mix of capacity and price point options to fit any budget.
Go-To Source For Desktops And Mobile Computers
The BarraCuda portfolio is the go-to source for desktops and mobile computers. Take advantage of industry-leading capacity and snappy load times your games and heavy workloads expect.
- Experience: For more than 20 years, Seagate has manufactured and delivered the super-reliable BarraCuda family of drives
- BarraCuda: Seagate's drive-reliability data simply speaks for itself, and the BarraCuda family is often recognized by leading publications and customers. Worry less with a hard drive that has your back
Multi-Tier Caching Technology: Optimized Read / Write Data
All hard drives in the BarraCuda family come equipped with Multi-Tier Caching Technology (MTC) for increased performance.
Your Data Matters To Seagate: Trusted Dependability
The BarraCuda Family of reliable hard drives is here to stay. BarraCuda Pro comes equipped with a 5-year limited warranty.
|Make and Model||Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch HDD|
|Interface||SATA III, 6Gb/s|
|SATA Transfer Rates Supported||SATA III: 6.0 Gb/s
SATA II: 3.0 Gb/s
SATAI: 1.5 Gb/s
|Seek Average, Read||< 8.5 ms|
|Seek Average, Write||< 9.5 ms|
|Average Data Rate, Read/Write||256MB/s|
|Max Sustained Data Rate, OD Read||220MB/s|
|Configuration / Organization|
|Bytes per Sector||4096|
|Load / Unload Cycles||600,000|
|Workload Rate||55TB per Year|
|Startup Power||2.0 A|
|Power Consumption||Operating Mode, Typical: 5.1W
Idle Average: 3.9W
Standby Mode: 0.3W
Sleep Mode: 0.3W
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 60° C
Non-Operating: -40 ~ 70 ° C
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||147 x 102 x 20.2mm|
- Unformatted capacity shown. Formatting typically reduces capacity. One Gigabyte, or GB, equals one billion bytes and one terabyte, or TB, equals one trillion bytes when referring to drive capacity.