Always Evolving SSD
The ultimate in performance, upgraded. Faster than the 970 EVO, the 970 EVO Plus is powered by the latest V-NAND technology and firmware optimization. It maximizes the potential of NVMe bandwidth for unbeatable computing. Comes in capacities of up to 1TB, with reliability of up to 600 TBW.
- 250GB storage
- M.2 (2280) form factor
- Samsung V-NAND SSD
- Up to 3,500 MB/s* sequential read
- Up to 2,300 MB/s* sequential write
* Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration.
Level Up Performance
The 970 EVO Plus reaches sequential read/write speeds up to 3,500/3,300 MB/s, up to 53% faster than the 970 EVO. Powered by the latest V-NAND technology - which brings greater NAND performance and higher power efficiency - along with optimized firmware, a proven Phoenix controller, and Intelligent TurboWrite boost speed.
* Performances may vary depending on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Performance measurements based on IOmeter 1.1.0. The write performances were measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated. The sequential write performances after Intelligent TurboWrite region are: 400 MB/s(250GB), 900 MB/s(500GB), 1,700 MB/s(1TB) and 1,750 MB/s(2TB).
* Test system configuration: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @4.2GHz, DDR4 2400MHz 32GB, OS-Windows 10 Built 10240, Chipset–ASUS PRIME Z270-A.
* Up to 53 percent performance increase for sequential write speed for 250GB version.
The next advancement in NVMe SSDs. The 970 EVO Plus fits up to 1TB onto the compact M.2 (2280) form factor, greatly expanding storage capacity and saving space for other components. Samsung's innovative technology empowers you with the capacity to do more and accomplish more.
The new standard in sustainable performance. Get up to 600 TBW with a 5-year limited warranty for lasting performance. The 970 EVO Plus provides exceptional endurance powered by the latest V-NAND technology and Samsung's reputation for quality.
* TBW: Terabytes Written.
* Warrantied TBW for 970 EVO Plus: 150 TBW for 250GB model, 300 TBW for 500GB model, 600 TBW for 1TB model.
* 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Achieve a new level of drive confidence. Samsung's advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO Plus enable superior heat dissipation. The Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops.
Advanced drive management made simple. The Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
|Make and Model||Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe SSD|
Formatted capacity is less due to O/S formatting, partitioning, applications, etc.
|Form Factor||M.2 (2280)|
|Interface||PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4
|Sequential Bandwidth||Sequential Reads: Up to 3,500 MB/sec
Sequential Writes: Up to 2,300 MB/sec
4KB, QD32 Random Read: Up to 250,000 IOPS
4KB, QD32 Random Write: Up to 550,000 IOPS
|Cache Memory||512 MB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM|
|Controller||Samsung Phoenix Controller|
|Flash Type||Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC|
|AES Encryption||AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)
TCG Opal (IEEE1667) (Encrypted drive)
|Garbage Collection||Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm|
|MTBF||1.5 Million Hours|
|Endurance||Total Bytes Written: 150TB Written|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 70° C|
|Shock||1,500G for 0.5ms (Half Sine Wave)|
Average: 5W Typical
Maximum: 8W (Burst Mode)
|Voltage||3.3 V ± 5 % Allowable voltage|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||80.15 x 22.15 x 2.38 mm|