Why Buy Pi?
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range, weighing in at just 29g. Like the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, it boasts a 64-bit quad core processor running at 1.4 GHz, dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 4.2/BLE.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ has the same mechanical footprint as the older Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+.
Raspberry Pi™ 3 Single Board Computer thinks it's a Home PC
The Raspberry Pi Series is the credit card sized computer that changed the world. It's Linux-based, and is perfect for tinkering or learning to program. Millions and Millions of these Raspberry Pi™ Bare Bones Single Board Computers have been sold!
Raspberry Pi Computers are often used by Hobbyists and Students to learn about Computer Hardware and Software and they can be a lot of fun!
Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+: New and Improved
More powerful than the original Pi™, the Raspberry Pi™ 3's design is based around a Broadcom BCM2837B0, 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core processor, dual-band wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE in the same mechanical format as the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+.
The raw, universal popularity of the Pi Family along with the Millions of Hobbists who use them, there is a strong online community and many third party accessories to enjoy.
- Learning Computer Hardware and Software
- Hobby and Hardware Hacking
- Computer Imaging
- Media Player
- Computer Vision
- Consumer Electronics Control
- Industrial Controls
- Security Monitoring
It's not too late to get a taste of your first Raspberry Pi™!
Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz provides you with the opportunity to:
- Build your own Pi™ Workstation: create and manage your documents and spreadsheets with ease using LibreOffice™
- Faster, more enjoyable Gaming: experience less lag and more seamless gaming in all your favourites. Can't wait to demolish buildings in Minecraft™, trigger your TNT now and be amazed by the results!
- More power for your favourite projects: create Space Programs, Time Lapse Videos, GPS tracking, HD audio and lots more with a full ecosystem of supporting accessories
- All previous Raspberry Pi™ projects are 100% backward compatible:
Now, how cool is that?
Backwards Compatible With Original Pi™ Cases and Add Ons
By design, the Pi™ 3 has an identical board layout and footprint as the original Model B; all cases and 3rd party add-on boards designed for the original Pi Model B are fully compatible.
All the Technical Stuff:
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2 / BLE
- Extended 40-pin extended GPIO header to enhance your "real world" projects. GPIO is 100% compatible with the Model B+ and A+ boards. First 26 pins are identical to the Model A and Model B boards to provide full backward compatibility
- Full-size HDMI
- Single USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
Just Getting Started With Raspberry Pi™?
To get started, you'll need:
- A micro SD card with NOOBS (see Software & OS tab)
- A high-quality 2.5A micro USB power supply, such as the official Raspberry Pi Universal Power Supply)
For a step-by-step guide to getting your Pi up and running, check out our online Getting started guide
The Raspberry Pi™ 3 Model A+ is a bare bones Single Board Computer System that does not work by itself, right out of the box.
Several additional pieces of hardware, including some that you may already own, are required to use this computing device, depending on your requirements.
Most Projects require at least this additional hardware:
- Micro USB based Power Supply (Often a Powered USB HUB)
- 5Vdc @ up to 2.5A recommended
- Micro SD Card (to load the NOOBS Operating System Loader)
- Operating System: Many Free Operating Systems are available here:
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse
- Small Touchscreen Display
- Display Monitor / HDTV / Projector w/
- HDMI In port or a Composite Analog Video Input w/ Stereo Audio In
- Pi Computer Case
- Video / Still Camera
|Make and Model||Raspberry Pi™ 3 Model A+ Single Board Computer|
|Processor||Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4 GHz|
|Graphics||CPU Integrated VideoCore IV w/ 1080p Full HD Graphics|
|Memory||512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM|
|Wi-Fi||2.4 GHz and 5 GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v4.2, BLE|
|I/O Ports||1 x 40 pin GPIO header
1 x USB 2.0 port
1 x Micro SD slot
1 x HDMI port
1 x Micro USB Power port
1 x Combined 4 pole Stereo Audio / Composite Video port
1 x MIPI CSI camera port for optional Raspberry Pi™ camera
1 x MIPI DSI display port for optional Raspberry Pi™ Color Touch Screen Display
|Case||Case not included|
|Power||Designed to be powered via Micro USB port
5Vdc @ up to 2.5A, 1 USB connector
5 V DC via GPIO header
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 50 °C|
|Operating System||Not included|
|Dimensions (WxL)||Approx.: 56 x 65 mm|
- Raspberry Pi™ 3 Model A+ Single Board Computer
- User Information