Seagate® Exos™ X10 Enterprise Storage: Scalable, Responsive, Innovative.
The Most Scalable Drives in the Datasphere
For everything hyperscale, there's Exos™ X - the most powerful way to access the datasphere and harness the full potential of the Cloud. Exos™ X12 and Exos™ X10 enterprise hard drives integrate the latest technology in support of a scalable, secure and reliable cloud data center.* Specifically designed to work in highly scalable environments requiring low power consumption and weight, Exos™ X series hard drives perform consistently while scaling to meet the stringent TCO requirements of most cloud-based data centers.
* Formerly Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium).
The Seagate® Exos™ X10 hard drive includes 10TB and 8TB secure, high-capacity, high-performance enterprise hard drives optimized for demanding hyperscale applications for maximum TCO savings.
- Perfect for Hyperscale applications / cloud data centers
- Massive scale-out data centers
- OLTP and HPC applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore - D2D, virtual tape
- Centralized surveillance
- Store up to 9PB in a single 42U rack with helium-sealed drive technology
- Advanced Write Caching provides a 20% boost over previous generation drives*
- Highest 10TB HDD performance, making it perfect for OLTP and HPC applications
- Hyperscale SATA model tuned for large data transfers
- Lowest 10TB power consumption with up to 6% savings per rack per year*
- Seagate Secure™ capabilities ensure authentic and trusted products from a secure supply chain
- 5 Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty
* When compared to 8TB competitive product.
Maximum Storage Capacity for High Rack Space Efficiency
The Exos™ X10 enterprise hard drives support up to 10TB per drive,1 providing 25% more petabytes per rack.2 High storage densities allow the latest technology and greatest efficiencies to help catalyze the datasphere, enabling data center architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Industry's Highest Performance Combined With the Lowest Power and Weight for Lower TCO
Exos™ X10 drives offer the industry's highest 10TB hard drive performance with advanced write caching, making it perfect for OLTP, Hadoop, Ceph and HPC applications. The hyperscale SATA model is tuned for large data transfers and offers a 20% boost in random write performance.2 Experience the industry's best in IOPS/watt by optimizing your storage with Seagate's PowerBalance™ feature.
Innovative Helium Design
The proven, enterprise-class Exos X10 is backed by a 2.5M-hour MTBF. Built on a wrought- aluminum base, the helium-sealed drive design with no porosity and uniform density is engineered with superior material and a wide-weld design, and utilizes the latest hermetic interconnect technology to support higher data rate heads and higher pin counts to excel in extreme thermal conditions in a robust storage infrastructure. These Seagate X class hard drives provide digital environmental sensors that measure internal humidity, pressure and temperature, to help ensure high reliability and performance.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
The Exos™ X10 hard drives offer advanced security features that help protect data where it lives - on the drive. Advanced security levels to prevent unauthorized access to a drive and safeguard stored data include Seagate Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistent hard drive.3 Seagate Secure™ drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest, and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
|Interface||SATA III, supports SATA II and SATA interfaces at reduce performance levels|
|512e Sector Size (Bytes Per Sector)||512|
|Spin Speed||7,200 rpm|
|Sustained Data Transfer Rate||249 MB/second|
|Average Latency||4.16 ms|
|MTBF||2,500,000 hours (Mean Time Between Failures)|
|Power On Hours||8,760 hours|
|Annual Failure Rate||0.35%|
|Unrecoverable Read Errors||1 sector per 1015|
|Average Power Consumption||Operating: 8~8.4W
|Power Supply Requirements||+12V and +5V|
|Temperature||5°C ~ 60°C|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||101.85 x 26.1 x 147 mm (4.01" x 1.03" x 5.79")|
|Weight||650g (1.43 lb)|
1. Seagate recommends validating your configuration with your HBA/RAID controller manufacturer to ensure full capacity capabilities.
2. Compared to 8TB competitive product.
3. Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.