DJI Mavic Air: Adventure Unfolds
A marvel of engineering and design, the Mavic Air was built to go wherever adventure takes you. Inheriting the best of the Mavic series, this ultraportable and foldable drone features high-end flight performance and functionality for limitless exploration.
- 12MP Still Images
- HDR Photos that look incredible
- 4K UHD @ 30Hz Videos
- Slow Motion Videos
- 32MP Sphere Panoramas
- Foldable & Portable
- 3-Axis Gimbal & 4K Camera
- 3-Directional Environment Sensing
- SmartCapture for hands free photos and videos
- 21-Minute Max Flight Time
3-Axis Gimbal Camera
The Mavic Air is the most portable DJI drone to house a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, with its angular vibration range reduced to 0.005°. Set in a triangular formation, gimbal dampeners help create even steadier shots.
32MP Sphere Panoramas!
In addition to Horizontal, Vertical, and 180° panoramas, the Mavic Air stitches 25 photos together in 8 seconds to create a crystal-clear 32MP Sphere panorama1. You can also view Panoramas from an immersive perspective with the optional DJI Goggles.
New HDR algorithms help you obtain the right exposure settings intelligently, according to lighting conditions. Overexposed or dark areas are processed for more natural transitions between highlights and shadows, while DSP acceleration allows for more efficient shooting.
4K UHD Videos @ 100Mbps Bandwidth
Rhe Mavic Air shoots video at an incredible 4K @ 30fps, recording at 100Mbps to capture every second with 4K UHD quality.
With support for recording 1080p 120 fps slow-motion video, the Mavic Air captures all your epic high-speed adventures.
12 MP Stills
The Mavic Air's onboard camera integrates a 1/2.3in 12-megapixel CMOS sensor and an f/2.8 lens with a 35-mm equivalent focal length of 24 mm to shoot high-quality photos and videos.
8 GB Internal Storage
In addition to 8 GB of internal storage, the Micro SD card slot lets you save photos and videos on board the aircraft and later export files quickly through the High Speed USB 3.0 Type-C port.
Expressing geometric precision, the Mavic Air's Propeller Arms fold flush against its aerodynamic chassis for the smallest possible travel size. Sturdy Magnesium alloy brackets reinforce the seven onboard cameras, rear vents dissipate waster heat efficiently, and the primary gimbal camera is recessed for better protection and imaging.
3D Foldable Design
When folded, this DJI Mavic Air is amazingly only as tall and wide as a traditional SmartPhone. It is truely an ultraportable drone that stretches the capabilities, limitations and boundaries of what's possible for a 4K UHD Drone of this small size.
Foldable Remote Controller
The dedicated remote controller uses a foldable, low-profile, ergonomic design to hold your smartphone for maximum convenience.
Just like the Mavic Air, the detachable control sticks store inside the remote controller between flights so you can pack smaller on the go, even when hiking, jogging and camping.
ActiveTrack can sense up to 16 selectable subjects simultaneously2, letting you choose the right tracking subject. With higher tracking precision and broader scenario applications, ActiveTrack follows targets even when they're running, jumping, or cycling.
Choose from six different QuickShots — Rocket, Dronie, Circle, Helix, Asteroid, and Boomerang. All are just a tap away and will get you those epic selfie drone videos without needing to think about composing your shot. Share your new creations to social media through the DJI GO 4 app instantly.
Fun, simple, and intuitive, SmartCapture offers a new and interactive way of controlling the Mavic Air by hand. Launch and control the drone with hand gestures, then take photos or videos however you like.
If you want to focus on just your shot, select TapFly in DJI GO 4, which lets you fly wherever you tap on your mobile device screen. TapFly works in Forward, Backward, Free, and Coordinate modes, and you can adjust flight speed to suit all your aerial needs.
Using advanced VIO technology, the powerful sensor system in FlightAutonomy 2.0 consists of a primary gimbal camera, forward, backward, and downward dual-vision sensors, downward infrared sensing system, IMU redundancies, and a group of computing cores.
Together, they collect and transmit information from the surrounding environment to the high-performance processor for more precise hovering and better flight performance.
Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS) allow the aircraft to bypass obstacles in front of and behind it actively. Your grand adventures of discovery have never been so safe and easy.
- Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Batteries are made with high-density lithium, offering a substantial flight time of up to 21 minutes3 for all your adventuring needs
- The application of FOC sinusoidal drive Architecture ESCs provides the Mavic Air with a smoother motor commutation process and higher overall efficiency of both motors and ESCs
- Feel the rush and thrill of first class drone flight with top speeds of 68.4kph4 in Sport Mode5
- A new Wi-Fi video transmission system supports dual frequency bands of 2.4 / 5.8 GHz6 and a 720p live view from up to 4 km away7
- Pair the Mavic Air with the optional DJI Goggles8 for FPV flight, and take to the skies for an immersive aerial adventure!
|Make and Model||DJI Mavic Air Drone|
|Max Ascent Speed||4 m/s (S - mode - Remote controller required)
2 m/s (P - mode)
2 m/s (Wi-Fi mode)
|Max Descent Speed||3 m/s (S - mode - Remote controller required)
1.5 m/s (P - mode)
1 m/s (Wi-Fi mode)
|Max Speed||68.4 kph (S - mode - Remote controller required)
28.8 kph (P - mode)
28.8 kph (Wi-Fi mode)
±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning)
±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
|Flight Ceiling||5,000m (16,500 feet) above Sea Level|
|GPS Modes||GPS + GLONASS|
|Forward Vision||Precision Measurement Range: 0.5 ~ 12m Detectable Range: 0.5 ~ 24m Effective Sensing Speed: ≤8m/s Field of View (FOV): Horizontal 50°, Vertical ±19°|
|Rearward Vision||Precision Measurement Range: 0.5 ~ 10 m Detectable Range: 0.5 ~ 20 m Effective Sensing Speed: ≤ 8 m/s Field of View (FOV): Horizontal 50°, Vertical ±19°|
|Downward||Altitude Range: 0.1 ~ 8m
Operating Range: 0.5 ~ 30m
|Operating Environment||Forward & Rearward:
Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (>15 Lux)
Downward: Detects clearly patterned surfaces with adequate lighting (>15 Lux) and diffuse reflectivity (<20%)
|Sensor||1/2.3" CMOS Sensor w/ 12M Effective Pixels|
|Lens||FOV 85° (24mm 35mm equivalent lens)
Shooting Range: 0.5m ~ infinity
Auto: 100 ~ 3,200 ISO
Manual: 100 ~ 3,200 ISO
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Shutter Speeds: 8 ~ 1/8000 seconds|
|Image Size||16:9 Aspect Ratio: 4,056 × 2,280 pixels
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4,056 x 3,040 pixels
|Still Photography Modes||Single shot
Burst shooting: 3, 5, 7 frames
Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7EV Bias
Interval: 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60 seconds
Pano: 3 × 1: 42° × 78°, 2,048 × 3,712 (W×H)
3×3: 119° × 78°, 4,096 × 2,688 (W×H)
180°: 251° × 88°, 6,144 × 2,048 (W×H)
Sphere (3 × 8 +1): 8,192 × 4,096 (W×H)
|Video Modes||4K Ultra HD: 3,840 × 2,160 @ 24/25/30p
2.7K: 2,720 × 1,530 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60p
Full HD: 1,920 × 1,080 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
HD: 1,280 × 720 @ 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
|Video Bandwidth||Up to 100Mbps|
|SD Cards||Micro SD Cards up to 128GB
Class 10 or UHS-1 w/ > 15Mbps bandwidth or higher
|Video Formats||MP4 / MOV (H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC)|
|Controllable Range||Tilt: -90° ~ 0°
Extended Range: -90° ~ +17°
|Stabilization||3-axis (Pitch, Roll, Yaw)|
|Angular Vibration Range||±0.005° Accuracy|
|Operating Frequency||2.4GHz Band: 2.400 ~ 2.4835GHz
5GHz Band: 5.725 ~ 5.850GHz
MIC: < 18dBm
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 40° C|
|Output||17.4Vdc @ 5.74A, 100W|
|Capacity||11.5Vdc @ 2,375mAh, 27.43Wh Lithium Ion Battery|
|Flight Time||Up to 21 Minutes|
100 ~ 240Vac, 50 / 60Hz
|Max Charging Power||60W|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||Unfolded: 168 x 184 x 64mm
Folded: 168 x 83 x 49mm
|Weight||Flight Weight: 430g w/ Battery and Propellers|
- The sky above the camera cannot be captured due to the gimbal's limited tilt range. Instead, the sky is automatically generated using a zenith patching algorithm.
- Including people, cars, and watercraft.
- Acquired at a constant speed of 25 kph, free of wind. Actual flight time may vary because of the environment and use of flight modes.
- Acquired near sea level, free of wind.
- Remote controller required. When in Sport mode, the aircraft cannot sense obstacles. Fly with caution.
- Due to local policies, some countries do not support 5.8 GHz transmission.
- Unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant. The max transmission distance is 2 km when CE compliant
- A USB cable is required to connect the DJI Goggles to the Mavic Air.
Included contents may change over time.
- 1x DJI Mavic Air, White
- 4x DJI Mavic Air Propellers (2 Pairs)
- 2x Control Stick Pairs (includes 1 Spare Set)
- 1x DJI Mavic Air Remote Control
- 1x DJI Intelligent Flight Battery
- 1x AC Power Adapter
- 1x AC Power Cord
- 1x Set of Propeller Guards (4 Guards)
- 1x Gimbal Protector
- 1x USB 3.0 Type-C Communication Cable
- 1x USB Type-C to Type-A Adapter
- 1x Lightning RC Cable
- 1x microUSB RC Cable
- 1x USB Type-C RC Cable
- 1x DJI MAvic Air Carrying Case
- 1x Mavic Air In The Box Manual
- 1x Mavic Air Quick Start Guide
- 1x Mavic Air Disclaimer and Safety Guideline Manual
- 1x Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guideline Manual
- 1x Mavic Air Propeller Guard User Guide