4-Port USB 3.1 PCIe Card - 3x USB-A and 1x USB-C - 2x Dedicated Channels
Add three USB-A ports and one USB-C port, via two host controllers, through a standard PCI Express slot
This USB 3.1 PCIe card lets you add three USB Type-A ports and one USB Type-C™ port to your computer, through a PCI Express slot. It makes it easy to upgrade your PC to the faster speed of USB 3.1 (10Gbps) so that you can access newer peripherals at twice the speed of traditional USB 3.0 (5Gbps) cards.
- Add three USB-A and one USB-C™ external USB 3.1 ports on two independent bus channels
- Transfer files and access USB 3.1 devices faster, with up to 10Gbps throughput
- Connect large external storage solutions: optional LP4 or SATA power connector provides up to 900mA per USB port
- Add room for more devices on your current system
- Compatible with older USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 devices
- Upgrade an older PCIe equipped desktop from USB 3.0/2.0 to USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps)
- Expand the USB capabilities of your system with four additional USB ports, or add the card to a new PC build
- Ideal for file backups, video editing, and data recovery, using high-bandwidth USB 3.1 Gen 2 external storage solutions
Faster USB Performance
When multiple devices are connected, traditional single-bus USB cards share the maximum bandwidth between all ports. By employing two host controller chipsets, shared across two ports rather than four, this 4-port PCIe to USB 3.1 card dedicates up to 10Gbps for each set of two USB ports. It reduces performance bottlenecks and doubles your total available bandwidth to 20Gbps.
With higher data throughput support, the card is ideal for external hard drives, hard drive enclosures, and large external storage devices. It lets you access multiple devices simultaneously for read and write access.
The 4-port USB 3.1 controller card adds dual independent channels to your computer and shares 10Gbps of bandwidth between two USB ports.
Each set of two ports shares a combined bandwidth of 10Gbps. If a single device is accessing the channel, the card will provide data transfer rates of up to 10Gbps to the device. If two devices are accessing the channel simultaneously, the 10Gbps of bandwidth will be shared between both devices.
The PEXUS313AC2V is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Server® 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 R2
- Mac OS X® 10.9 to 10.10
- Linux® 3.5 to 4.14.x (LTS versions only)
- Available PCI Express slot is required
|Product||4-Port USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) PCI-E Card|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile|
|Standards||USB 3.1 Specification Rev. 1.0
USB Specification Rev. 2.0
PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 2.0
Intel xHCI Specification Rev. 1.1
UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Rev. 1.0
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10Gbps per 2 ports: 20Gbps total|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2: 10 Gbit/s|
|Connectors||1 x PCI Express x4 Male|
|External I/O||3 x USB 3.1 USB Type-A (9 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female
1 x USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Female
|Internal I/O||1 x LP4 (4 pin, Molex Large Drive Power) Male
1 x SATA Power (15 pin) Plug
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
Mac OS® 10.8 to 10.10
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)
Storage: -10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)
|Humidity||5% ~ 90% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||3.3" x 0.8" x 5" (85 x 20 x 126 mm)|
Note: The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps per lane. PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps per lane. The available bandwidth (10Gbps) is shared equally between the two ports.
PCI Express enabled computer or server with a PCI Express x4 slot or higher (x8, x16)
- StarTech 4-Port USB 3.1 PCIe Controller Card
- Instruction Manual