Budget-friendly RAID 5 NAS Providing More Storage Space and Data Protection
30% of QNAP users choose to build RAID 5 array for their NAS for higher data protection, better system performance and more available storage space. The TS-328 is QNAP's first 3-bay NAS, allowing you to build a RAID 5 array on your NAS with the fewest disks. Powered by a Realtek quad-core RTD1296 processor, the TS-328 features a minimalist design that easily fits into your home or commercial space. With a variety of multimedia applications, transcoding capabilities and cross-device file backup and synchronization, the TS-328 provides a highly cost-effective solution for storage, backup, file management, and sharing.
- Realtek RTD1296 Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor, 2GB memory
- With just three disks you can build a secure RAID 5 array on the TS-328. This provides optimized storage capacity and protection against one disk failing.
- Supports H.264/H.265 hardware decoding and transcoding, providing a smoother video viewing experience.
- Snapshots fully record system status and data (including metadata). If files are accidentally deleted or modified, you can quickly restore the data with snapshots.
- Qfiling automates file organization, greatly improving work efficiency.
- Hybrid Backup Sync consolidates backup and sync tasks to a single app; Qsync is an easy-to-use real-time file sync service for computers and mobile devices.
- Take photos or record videos using Qphoto on your mobile device and they will be automatically uploaded to the TS-328.
Central Management for Multimedia Files
You may have lots of photos or videos spread across devices, which can be hard to manage and back up. With the TS-328, you can centrally backup and manage all your files and easily share them with others. With the new version of File Station (QTS 4.3.4), you can directly access the photos and videos on your mobile device by connecting it to the TS-328 via USB. You can even use the Qphoto mobile app to take photos or record videos and directly upload them to the TS-328 for greater protection to save the storage space on the mobile device.
Realtek Quad-core Processor
The TS-328 is powered by a Realtek RTD1296 quad-core 1.4 GHz processor with 2GB DDR4 memory. It provides two 1GbE ports and SATA 6Gb/s disk drives, delivering up to 225 MB/s read/write speeds. The TS-328 also has two USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 ports, allowing you to easily transfer large media files across devices via USB connection.
Protect Data with Snapshots
Snapshots help protect your data by fully recording the NAS system state and the metadata. If an error occurs, you can use snapshots to quickly restore the system to its normal state. QNAP snapshots are block-based and only record the changed data. Not only does this save storage space but also reduces the time required to back up and restore data.
Learn more: Volume & LUN Snapshots
Real-time Video Transcoding
The TS-328 supports 4K H.264/H.265 hardware decoding and real-time transcoding , allowing you to convert videos to universal file formats that can be smoothly played on multiple devices*. Therefore, you can easily share movies or travel videos saved on your NAS to your family and friends via shared links and they can enjoy watching the videos smoothly anytime and anywhere.
* The TS-328's hardware provides H.264 /H.265 10-bit hardware decoding, encoding and transcoding capabilities. However, playback quality may vary due to factors including playback software, file formats, system usage, and available bandwidth.
Note: The TS-328 reserves some RAM for use as shared graphics memory.
SSD Cache Acceleration
The TS-328 supports SSD caching to greatly boost the IOPS performance of storage volumes and increase operational efficiency. It is perfect for improving the overall workflow of IOPS-demanding applications and allows the best of both cost and performance by combining SSDs with HDDs.
Learn more: SSD cache
Automate Everyday Tasks with IFTTT Agent
QNAP IFTTT Agent integrates the popular web automation service IFTTT (If This Then That), allowing you to create a near-unlimited number of automated workflows. Simply connect your IFTTT account with your TS-328 and set triggers and actions. For example, if you set a trigger as "Any new photo on the phone" and the action as "Upload the photo to QNAP NAS," then all the photos taken using your phone will be automatically uploaded to TS-328.
Multiply Your Productivity
The app-driven QTS operating system provides solutions for simplifying file backup, management, search, and more. With File Station you can view your NAS files and access files from USB storage devices, the OCR Converter allows you to extract text from images, Qfiling helps automate file organization, and Qsirch helps quickly find files.
Supports 360-degree Panorama Photos and Videos
QNAP NAS now supports the popular 360-degree panorama recording format! By clicking the 360-degree panorama display button, these photos and videos will be displayed as 360-degree panorama media files. The QNAP mobile apps Qfile, Qphoto and Qvideo also support 360-degree format viewing.
The TS-328 sports a stylish elegant look with an industrial design concept to provide better cooling for the NAS. The tool-less 3.5-inch hard drive installation allows easier system setup and maintenance, while the front-panel LEDs assist in viewing the system status.
Multi-point Backup and Access
With integrated data backup, restore and synchronization, Hybrid Backup Sync helps you easily backup or synchronize data on the TS-328 to other QNAP NAS, USB storage (one touch copy) or cloud storage. With Qsync, you can also access your NAS files from PCs, laptops or mobile devices connected with the TS-328 at any time.
Host Container Applications
Container Station integrates LXC and Docker® lightweight virtualization technologies. You can download apps from the built-in Docker Hub® to easily import/export container apps and manage access controls, enjoying the benefit of easy installation, transferability and high-efficiency.
- Operating System: QTS 4.3.4 (embedded Linux)
- Supported Client OS:
- Windows® 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003/ 2008 R2/ 2012/ 2012R2/ 2016
- Apple Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Linux & UNIX
- Supported Browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+ or later
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari 7+ or later
- Google Chrome
|Operating System||QTS 4.3.4 (embedded Linux)|
|Processor||Realtek Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 (64-bit), RTD 1296, 1.4GHz|
|System Memory||2GB DDR4 RAM
|Flash Memory||4GB eMMC|
|Hard Drive Tray||Hot-swappable 3 x 3.5"/2.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD/SSDs (bundled one 2.5" tray base for installing 2.5" HDD/SSD; additional purchase can be made from QNAP shop)|
|M.2 SSD Slot||N/A|
|Drive Interface||SATA 6Gb/s, HDD or SSD; Hot-swappable|
|File System||Internal Hard Drive: EXT4
External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
|Storage Management||- Storage Space Utilization monitoring
- Flexible volumes and LUNs with thin provisioning and space reclaiming
- Disk volume types: RAID 0, 1, 5, JBOD, single, hot spare and global hot spare, RAID rebuild speed customization, Advanced secure data erase
- Supports storage pools
- Supports snapshots
- Supports Volume/LUN snapshot
- Snapshot dashboard
- Snapshot manager
- Snapshot cloning
- Snapshot vault
- Snapshot replica
- Unify Snapshot directory
- Snapshot agent for Windows and VMware vSphere
- Online volume expansion
- Online storage pool expansion
- Online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration
- SMART data migration
- Bad block scan and hard drive S.M.A.R.T.
- Bad block recovery
- RAID recovery
- Bitmap support
|USB Ports||2 x USB 3.0 (1 x Front)
1 x USB 2.0 (Rear)
|LAN Ports||2 x RJ45 Gigabit LAN ports|
|Expansion Enclosure Support||N/A|
|Buttons||Power, USB copy, Reset|
|LED Indicators||Status/Power, LAN, USB, HDD|
|Power Supply||External adapter 65W, 100~240V|
|Power Consumption (W)||HDD standby: 7.24W
In operation: 18.35W (typical)
|Power Management||- Wake on LAN
- Internal hard drive standby mode
- Scheduled power on/off
- Automatic power on after power recovery
- USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
|Networking||- TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6: Dual Stack)
- Service binding based on network interfaces
- Squid Proxy server
- Proxy client
- DHCP client, DHCP server
- Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS(v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC
- UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
- USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support
|Security||- Network access protection with auto-blocking: SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, AFP
- CIFS host access control for shared folders
- FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256-bit volume-based and shared folder data encryption
- AES 256-bit external drive encryption
- Importable SSL certiﬁcates
- Instant alert via E-mail, SMS, beep,and push service
- 2-step verification
|Security Slot||Kensington security slot|
|Access Right Management||- Batch users creation
- Import/Export users
- User quota management
- Local user access control for CIFS, AFP, FTP, and WebDAV
- Application access control for Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station, and File Station
- Subfolder permissions support for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station
|Domain Authentication Integration||- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) & Domain Controller support
- LDAP server, LDAP client
- Domain users login via CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station
|Cooling||1 x 9 cm smart Fan (12V DC)|
|Sound Level||16.5 dBA|
|Temperature||0~40 °C (32~104 °F)|
|Humidity||5~95% RH non-condensing
Wet bulb: 27°C (80.6°F)
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (Traditional & Simpliﬁed), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.9" x 5.59" x 10.24" (150 x 142 x 260.1 mm)|
|Weight||1.64 kg (3.62 lbs)|
- QNAP TS-328-US 3-Bay NAS w/ 2GB RAM
- AC Power Adapter
- Power Cord
- Ethernet Cable
- 2.5" HDD/SSD Drive Tray Base
- Quick Installation Guide