UV500 SSD – An Encrypted Solution for Every User
Kingston's UV500 SSD dramatically improves your system's responsiveness with incredible boot, loading, and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a Marvell 88SS1074 controller combined with 3D NAND Flash for read and write speeds up to 520MB/s and 500MB/s2, this SSD is 10X faster than a traditional hard drive for better performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking, and an overall faster system. UV500 provides end-to-end data protection, supports 256-bit AES Hardware-based encryption, and TCG Opal 2.0 security management solutions.
More reliable and durable than a hard drive, UV500 is built with NAND Flash semiconductor memory. There are no moving parts, making it far less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. It is also cooler and quieter, and its shock and vibration resistance makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
UV500 is available in multiple capacities from 120GB~1.92TB1, so you can buy one to use as a boot drive, or take advantage of the larger capacities to store videos, photos, and host your most frequently used applications.
- 10X faster than a 7200RPM hard drive2
- AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and TCG Opal 2.0
- Available in multiple form factors (2.5"/M.2/mSATA)
- Multiple capacities up to 1.92TB1
- High-performance, next-generation 240GB SATA III SSD:
- Sequential Data Bandwidths:
- Reads: Up to 520MB/s
- Writes: Up to 500MB/s
- Maximum IOPS:
- Reads: 79,000 IOPS
- Writes: 25,000 IOPS
- Sequential Data Bandwidths:
- Total Bytes Written: 240GB - 100TB
- MTBF: 1,000,000 Hours
- Form factor choices to fit a wide range of systems
- 5 Year Kingston Limited Warranty with Free Technical Support
Kingston's outstanding Warranty is backed by their Global Technical Support that provides industry-leading post sales support to their Corporate Customers
Hard Drive Replacement
Solid-state drives are the next evolution of PC storage and run faster, quieter and cooler than the aging technology inside hard drives. With no moving parts, SSDs are also more durable and more reliable than hard drives.
For Desktops and Notebooks
Kingston solid-state drives will make your system more responsive so it boots quicker, loads applications faster and shuts down faster. They're available in upgrade kits that include software to clone your files and OS in minutes.
Revive Older Systems
Solid-state drives will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems. Choosing an SSD can save you the cost of buying a new PC by reviving the system you already own.
|Type||Kingston UV500 Solid State Drive (Stand-alone Drive)|
|Memory Type||3D TLC NAND|
|Controller||Marvell 88SS1074 Controller|
|Interface||SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) - with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)|
|Performance||Sequential Read / Write:
Reads: Up to 520MB/s
Writes: Up to 500MB/s
Maximum 4K IOPS:
|Encryption||Encryption Support (AES 256-bit)|
|Life Expectancy||1 million hours MTBF|
|Total Bytes Written (TBW)||100TB|
|Power Consumption||Average: 0.5W
Read: 1.17W (max.)
Write: 2.32W (max.)
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 70° C (32 ~ 158° F)
Storage: -40 ~ 85° C (-40 ~ 185° F)
|Vibration Resistance||Operating: 2.17G (7 ~ 800Hz)
Non-Operating: 20.0G (10 ~ 2,000Hz)
|Typical Power Consumption||Idle: 0.11W
Max Read: 4.95W
|Dimensions||100.1 x 69.85 x 7 mm|
1. Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Memory Guide.
2. Based on "out-of-box performance" using a SATA Rev 3.0 / PCIe 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage. IOMETER Random 4K Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.