3-Port M.2 SSD (NGFF) Adapter Card - 1 x PCIe (NVMe) M.2, 2 x SATA III M.2 - PCIe 3.0
Mount both PCIe (NVMe) and SATA based M.2 SSDs inside your computer using this PCI Express adapter card
This 3-port M.2 SSD adapter card is one of the only cards that supports both PCIe and SATA-based M.2 SSDs (solid-state drives). It's a versatile way to expand the overall storage capacity of your desktop PC or server. Plus, because it supports a high-speed PCIe M.2 drive, you can increase the speed and performance of your computer.
- Expand the storage and improve the performance of your computer, with slots for two M.2 SATA SSDs and one M.2 PCIe SSD
- Supports PCI Express 3.0 (x4), ideal for a high-performance M.2 PCIe SSD (NVMe)
- SATA slots feature a passthrough design, so your drives can connect to the SATA ports on your host PC
- Full bandwidth is available for each M.2 drive simultaneously (up to approximately 40Gbps for M.2 PCIe drives, and up to 6Gbps for M.2 SATA III drives)
- Wide installation compatibility, which support for a range of M.2 drives (2280, 2260, 2242, 2230)
- Adjustable stand-offs and multiple mounting holes support 80mm, 60mm, 42mm, and 30mm SSDs
- OS independent with no drives required, for a fast, hassle-free setup
- Equipped with a full-profile bracket, includes a low-profile (half-height bracket) for installation in small form factor computers
- Installs into x4, x8, or x16 PCIe slots
- Increase the internal storage capacity of your standard or small form-factor computer
- Access and recover data from almost any M.2 SSD, such as drives pulled from laptops and other computers
- Optimize your system for I/O intensive applications such as office suites, photo and video editing, and media players
Increase the Storage of Your Desktop PC
If you need a simple and discreet way to expand your computer's storage, then this card can help. The card provides a platform for adding up to three M.2 SSDs to virtually any computer that has a PCIe slot. It supports common M.2 SATA SSDs, as well as newer high-performance M.2 PCIe drives. Now, you have a simple and effective way to expand the storage of your computer, regardless of the M.2 drive types you are using.
Optimize Your Computer's Performance
When you couple this card with a PCI Express based M.2 drive, you can give your computer's performance a noticeable speed boost. With support for PCI Express 3.0 (up to approximately 40Gbps), you can install the latest high-performance M.2 PCIe SSDs inside your computer. With faster performance, you can get more work done in less time.
Peace of Mind, with Simple and Cost- Effective Data Recovery
Due to their performance and size advantages, M.2 drives are commonly used in laptops. If your laptop has failed, but its M.2 drive is still functional, then this card can help with data recovery. Once the M.2 drive is installed and the data recovery is complete, you can continue to use the drive for storage and backup purposes.
Leverage the Size and Speed of M.2 Drives
This M.2 card lets you take advantage of the size and performance benefits of NGFF M.2 SSDs. M.2 drives are smaller than typical platter drives or mSATA-based SSDs, so you can install them in small form-factor PCs and servers, or in tighter areas within your computer case.
Supports a Wide Range of Drives
You can rest assured that your M.2 SSDs are compatible with the adapter card. It supports the most common drive sizes, including, 2280, 2260, 2242 and 2230.
The PEXM2SAT32N1 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required
Note: When installed in a compatible operating system, the card is natively supported and doesn't require any additional drivers or software. However, your operating system must natively support PCIe SSDs (NVMe - Non-Volatile Memory Express).
System and Cable Requirements
- A computer enabled with PCI Express (PCIe), and an available PCI Express x4, x8, or x16 slot
- One or two SATA host ports on the host computer (for example, the SATA controller card, or the motherboard SATA ports inside of your computer)
- An operating system that natively supports PCIe SSDs (NVMe), such as:
- Windows® 8 and later
- Mac OS 10.10.3 and later
|Product||M.2 SSD Adapter Card|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket included)|
|Industry Standards||- Serial ATA 3.0 specification - SATA I/II/III (1.5/3/6Gbps)
- PCI Express 3.0
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector Type(s)||1 x PCI Express x4 Male|
|Internal Ports||2 x M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF) Receptacle
1 x M.2 (PCIe, M-Key, AHCI/NVMe, NGFF)
2 x SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug
|LED Indicators||3 x M.2 drive status/activity
1 x Power
|Temperature||Operating: 5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)
Storage: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
|Humidity||20%~80% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, RoHS Compliant, TAA|
|Dimensions (WxHxL)||0.8" x 4.7" x 4.7" (20 x 120 x 120 mm)|
Note: The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. If used with PCI Express Gen 1.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 2.5Gbps per lane. If used with PCI Express Gen 2.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 5Gbps per lane.
- StarTech 3-port M.2 NGFF SSD Adapter Card
- 1x Low-profile Bracket
- 3 x M.2 Mounting Screws
- 3 x M.2 Mounting Standoffs
- 3 x M.2 Mounting Nuts
- 1 x Screwdriver
- Quick Start Guide