This Raspberry Pi™ 3 Model B+ Retro Gaming Kit Wants to Play With You And A Friend!
Create a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ powered game console! Learn and play with this Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, the extra parts in this Kit and software you can find, download and install yourself. You will be able to play your favorite Arcade, Console, and Classic PC titles on your HDTV like it is 1999 all over again...
The Kit is compatible with popular emulation packages like RetroPie (not included), and a SD to USB adapter is included for re-writing data to your SD card. Also included is an 8GB USB flash drive for transferring information from your computer to your Pi.
Why Buy Pi?
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is popular single board barebones computer that has an ultra low cost, compared to typical home computers. The primary reason for its creation was to give kids a low cost computer with which to learn how to program, learn and enjoy computers at a deeper level.
It's got a beefy Broadcom BCM2837B0 64 bit Quad Core Processor now running at 1.4GHz, with 1GB of RAM, and most of the ports and capabilities that any normal computer would have.
Generally, Raspberry Pi computers run a NOOBS Linux operating system and can play games, run word processing and spreadsheet programs. You can also use a Pi to control electronics, timers, LEDs and other components and devices; often remotely.
Part of the fun comes from learning the core skills of computing, computer languages and playing with technology at a more intimate level not experienced in modern Desktop and Laptop PCs.
Raspberry Pi™ 3 Model B+ Single Board Computer thinks it's a Home PC
The Raspberry Pi Model B+ barebones PC is the credit card sized computer that is still changing the world. It’s Linux-based NOOBS O/S is perfect for tinkering or learning to program. Millions and Millions of these Raspberry Pi™ Barebones Single Board Computers have been sold! Raspberry Pi Computers like this one are often used by Hobbyists and Students to learn about Computer Hardware and Software and they can be a lot of fun!
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+: New and Improved; now 12x Faster1
Rated at 10x more powerful1 than the original Pi™, the Raspberry Pi™ 3's design is based around a Broadcom BCM2837 ARM8 64bit Quad Core Processor, now running at 1,400MHz. This new Model B+ Pi comes with 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications. The board is also capable of streaming Full HD video output to Monitors, HDTVs and Projectors up to 1080p.
With Integrated 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth v4.2 and full backward compatibility with earlier Raspberry Pi 1 and 2 computers, it is hard to go wrong with this tiny Hobbyist Computer.
The raw, universal popularity of the entire Pi Family along with the Millions of Hobbyists who use them, there is a strong online community and many third party accessories to enjoy.
- Learning Computer Hardware and Software
- Hobby and Hardware Hacking
- Retro Gaming Emulation
- Computer Imaging
- Media Player
- Computer Vision
- Consumer Electronics Control
- Industrial Controls
- Security Monitoring
Retro Gaming Is A Thing Now
Even with today's Triple A Gaming Titles that break new ground in realism, 3D graphics and VR, the love of Retro Console and PC Gaming continues to draw players back to the time of simpler 2D Games with classic 8 bit audio soundtracks.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has all the Processor and Graphics performance you need to replay the truely classic games of your youth easily and inexpensively in full, glorious 8 bit color!
Dual SNES-Style Controllers Included
You get all the hardware you need to build and play with this Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Retro Gaming Kit:
- 1x Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Computer Board
- 1x 16GB microSD card w/ adapter, pre-loaded with the NOOBS image
- 1x 5Vdc @ 2.4A, 12W USB Power Supply
- 1x Clear Enclosure Case
- 2x Retro SNES Style USB Controllers
- 1x 6 Foot (1.8m) High-Speed HDMI Cable
- 1x USB Thumb Drive
All the Technical Stuff:
- Broadcom BCM2837 Arm8 64 bit Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running, now at 1,400MHz is 12x faster1 than the Original Pi™, and 70% faster than the Pi 2.
- 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger, more powerful applications
- Identical board layout and footprint as the Model B, so all cases and 3rd party add-on boards designed for the Model B+ will be fully compatible
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your "real world" projects. GPIO is 100% compatible with the Model B and A+ boards. First 26 pins are identical to the Model A and Model B boards to provide full backward compatibility
- Connect an optional Raspberry Pi™ camera and optional touch screen display
- Stream and watch Hi-Definition 1080p videos with audio vis HDMI
- Micro SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems
- Advanced Power Management:
- You can now provide up to 2.5 Amps to the USB port; enabling you to connect more power hungry USB devices directly to the Raspberry PI.
- 10/100 Ethernet Port to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi™ to the Internet
- Combined 4-pole jack for connecting your stereo audio out and composite video out
Just Getting Started With Raspberry Pi™?
Check out this Quick Start Video at www.raspberrypi.org
MCM Electronics has a great Web page called, Getting Started with Raspberry Pi
Raspberrypi.org's Help Page is one of the best place to answer your initial questions and get started with your Raspberry Pi™: http://www.raspberrypi.org/help/.
There are hundreds of thousands of Posts on their Raspberry Pi™ Forum Section.
Legal Notice from MCM Electronics:
This Retro Gaming Kit from MCM Electronics does not come with any Emulation Software or Retro Gaming ROMs, due to licensing restrictions. MCM Electronics cannot supply required Emulator Software and / or Game ROMs on the enclosed microSD card. Please inform yourself of any licensing restrictions before downloading any related games off the nternet or from other sources...
The Raspberry Pi™ 3 Model B+ is a bare bones Single Board Computer System that does not work by itself, right out of the box.
Several additional pieces of hardware, including some that you may already own, are required to use this computing device, depending on your requirements.
Most Projects require at least this additional hardware:
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse
- Small Touchscreen Display
- Display Monitor / HDTV / Projector w/ an available HDMI port
|Make and Model||Raspberry Pi™ 3 Retro Gaming Kit|
|Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Computer|
|Processor||Broadcom BCM2837B0 1.4GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 64-bit SoC|
|Graphics||CPU Integrated Broadcom Video Core IV GPU|
|Memory||1GB RAM Memory|
|LAN||1x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port|
|Wi-Fi||Dual Band 802.11 b/g/n/ac|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth v4.2 w/ BLE|
|I/O Ports||1x 40 pin GPIO (26 pin compatible)
4x USB 2.0 ports
1x Micro SD slot
1x HDMI port
1x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port
1x Combined 4-pole Stereo Audio / Composite Video port
1x Micro USB Power port
1x CSI camera port for optional Raspberry Pi™ camera
1x DSI display port for optional Raspberry Pi™ Color Touch Screen Display
|Case||Transparent Case Included|
|Power Supply||USB Power Supply: 5Vdc @ 2.4A (included)|
|Pi 3 B+ Power Use||Idle: 200mA|
|Operating System||Noob OS preinstalled on included 16GB microSD Card|
|Dimensions||86 x 56.5mm|
|Weight||~45g (1.6 oz)|
- 12x (vs. the original Pi™) is a typical figure for a multi-threaded CPU benchmark like SysBench. Real-world applications will see a performance increase of between 2.9x for single-threaded applications and over 23x for NEON-enabled video codecs. The Pi 3 B+ computes roughly 70% faster than the Pi 2 while running similar tasks.
Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Retro Gaming Kit includes:
- 1x Raspberry Pi™ 3 B+ Single Board Computer
- 1x 5Vdc @ 2.4A, 12W AC Power Supply
- 1x Clear Enclosure
- 2x Retro SNES Style USB Controllers
- 1x USB SDHC Flash Reader
- 1x 6ft High-Speed HDMI Cable
- 1x 16GB microSD card w/adapter pre-loaded with the NOOBS image
- 1x 8GB USB Thumb Drive
- 1x MicroSD to USB Adapter