Quad-core Multimedia NAS with PCIe Slot for Diverse Application Expansion and Greater Efficiency
The TS-253Be features a simple physical design that can easily fit into office and home environments. It provides a PCIe port that can boost its functionality: a QNAP QM2 expansion card can be installed to add M.2 SSD caching/10GbE connectivity and support for Qtier auto-tiering technology, or a compatible wireless card can be installed to use the TS-253Be as a wireless access point.
The TS-253Be also supports dual-channel 4K H.264/H.265 processing to provide a smooth media viewing experience on all connected devices. In addition, a wide range of productivity tools are available for use on the TS-253Be to improve work efficiency for media creators or creative professionals, while also enriching their multimedia experience.
- PCIe port supports installing a 10GbE network card, a QM2 dual-port M.2 SSD/10GbE card, a USB 3.1 10Gbps card or a compatible PCIe wireless adapter
- 4K media playback and online transcoding; multimedia viewing on HDTV via HDMI output
- Snapshots fully record the system status and data. If files are accidentally deleted or modified, you can quickly restore the previously-recorded data
- Hybrid Backup Sync consolidates backup and sync tasks into a single app
- Secure private cloud solution with high storage scalability
- Supports containerized applications and hosting multi-OS virtual machines
Extend NAS Functionalities with the PCIe Slot
With PCIe expansion, the TS-253Be provides flexibility in extending NAS functionality and potential applications. Install a QNAP QM2 card to provide M.2 SSD caching/10GbE connectivity, or use the TS-253Be as a wireless access point by installing a compatible wireless network card (ex. QNAP QWA-AC2600), or boost the USB connectivity of the TS-253Be by installing a USB 3.1 10Gbps card.
Intel® Celeron® J3455 Quad-core 1.5GHz CPU with AES-NI Encryption
Powered by an Intel® Celeron® J3455 quad-core 1.5GHz processor (burst up to 2.3 GHz), 2GB/4GB DDR3L RAM (up to 8GB), dual Gigabit LAN ports, and supporting SATA 6Gb/s hard drives, the TS-253Be provides dependable performance of up to 225 MB/s read/write speeds. The TS-253Be features Intel® AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption to drive transfer speeds of up to 225 MB/s with AES 256-bit encryption for both full NAS volumes and shared folders, boosting system performance while ensuring the security of sensitive data stored in the TS-253Be.
Protect Data with Snapshots
Snapshots help protect your data by fully recording the NAS system state and metadata. If a file is accidentally deleted or modified, you can use snapshots to quickly restore the file to its previously-recorded state. QNAP snapshots are block-based and only record the changed data. Not only does this save storage space but also reduces the time required to back up and restore data. The TS-253Be supports up to 1,024 snapshots per NAS and up to 256 snapshots per volume or LUN.
Learn more: Volume & LUN Snapshots
Upgrade Your IT Environment with QNAP's Fast and Affordable 10GbE Switch!
QNAP 10GbE/NBASE-T™ unmanaged switches allow you to instantly upgrade your network environment at a cost-effective price. With a 10GbE network you can enjoy blazing-fast transfer speeds, empower bandwidth-demanding tasks like virtualization, and enable simultaneous real-time access to large NAS-based files using multiple workstations (ideal for video editing and multimedia). QNAP also provide a 10GbE PCIe network expansion card for the TS-253Be and Windows®/Linux® PCs to take advantage of high-speed LAN environments.
Real-time Video Transcoding
Featuring advanced 9th-generation Intel® HD Graphics, the TS-253Be supports dual-channel 4K H.264/H.265 hardware decoding and real-time transcoding, allowing you to convert videos to universal file formats that can be smoothly played on multiple devices*. Therefore, you can easily share movies and videos stored on your NAS with family and friends for their enjoyment on a range of devices. The QNAP RM-IR004 remote control (sold separately) can be configured using QButton to customize the actions of individual buttons, providing a more convenient NAS experience.
* The TS-253Be's hardware provides H.264 /H.265 hardware decoding, encoding and transcoding capabilities. However, playback quality may vary due to factors including playback software, file formats, system usage, and available bandwidth.
Multiple Ways to Enjoy Videos
QNAP provides a wide range of multimedia applications for you to easily enjoy photos, music, and videos.
QVHelper allows users to stream media files or music playlists from a QNAP NAS to VLC player.
Qmedia allows music, photos and videos to be effortlessly streamed to Android TVs or set-top boxes.
Video HD is a free KODI add-on that combines KODI's streaming and video decoding capabilities and fully supports Video Station's features.
Learn more: Multimedia Streaming
Multiply Your Productivity
The app-driven QTS operating system provides solutions for simplifying file backup, management, search, and more. With File Station you can view and manage your files not only from NAS but also from multiple storage devices; the OCR Converter allows you to extract text from images; Qfiling helps automate file organization, and Qsirch helps quickly find files.
Multi-point Backup and Access
With integrated data backup, restoration and synchronization, Hybrid Backup Sync helps you easily backup or synchronize data on the TS-253Be to other QNAP NAS, USB storage (one touch copy) or cloud storage. With Qsync, you can also access your NAS files from PCs, laptops or mobile devices connected with the TS-253Be at any time.
NAS as a Multi-OS Platform
Virtualization Station and Container Station provide comprehensive solutions for creating virtualized environments to improve business IT infrastructure, workflows, and productivity.
Supports 360-degree panorama photos and videos
QNAP NAS now supports the popular 360-degree panorama recording format! By clicking the 360-degree panorama display button, these photos and videos will be displayed as 360-degree panorama media files. The QNAP mobile apps Qfile, Qphoto and Qvideo also support 360-degree format viewing.
Whole New QVR Pro Surveillance Solution
QNAP's new QVR Pro surveillance solution allows you to arrange a dedicated, independent storage space for surveillance data on TS-253Be and leverage the advantages of scalability and storage manageability from QTS. With QVR Pro, camera management, storage space allocation, camera live view and playback become more easily. You can also use QVR Pro Client's mobile app to monitor anytime, or use a USB webcam as an ONVIF network camera with the QUSBCam2 app.
Learn more: QVR Pro
Comprehensive Surveillance Solution for 24/7 Monitoring
Surveillance Station provides an intelligent video management system to assist in managing real-time monitoring, video & audio recording and playback with a wide range of customizable settings to safeguard your physical environment. You can use the Vmobile mobile app to manage the monitored channels at anytime and anywhere, or install the Vcam mobile app to turn your device into a network camera to instantly record to your NAS.
Flexible and Economical Storage Expansion
You need an easy solution to increase storage capacity when running out of space. QNAP provides several ways to expand your NAS storage as needed to accommodate data and business growth.
- Operating System: QTS 4.3.4 (embedded Linux)
- Supported Client OS:
- Windows® 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003/ 2008 R2/ 2012/ 2012R2/ 2016
- Apple Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Linux & UNIX
- Supported Browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari 7+
- Google Chrome
|Product||2-Bay NAS w/ PCIe Slot|
|Operating System||QTS 4.3.4 (embedded Linux)|
|Processor||Intel® Celeron® J3455, Quad-core 1.5GHz
(w/ 2.3 GHz Burst)
|System Memory||2GB DDR3L
Memory modules pre-installed: 2GB x1
|Memory Slots||2 x DDR3L SODIMM slots|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 500|
|Hard Drive Tray||2 x 3.5" or 2.5"|
|M.2 SSD Slot||N/A|
|Drive Interface||SATA 6Gb/s HDD or SSD; Hot-swappable|
|File System||Internal Hard Drive: EXT4
External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+, and exFAT (* exFAT driver license is optionally purchased from License Center)
|Storage Management||- Storage space utilization monitoring
- Flexible volumes and LUNs with thin provisioning and space reclaiming
- Supported RAID types: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, Single
- RAID hot spare and global hot spare
- RAID rebuild speed customization
- Advanced secure data erase
- Storage pools
- Qtier™ Technology (automated storage tiering)
- Online volume expansion
- Online storage pool expansion
- Online RAID capacity expansion
- Online RAID level migration
- SMART data migration
- Storage expansion using QNAP expansion units
- JBOD enclosure roaming
- SSD read-only or read-write cache
- Bad block scan and hard drive S.M.A.R.T test
- Bad block recovery and RAID recovery
- Bitmap support
|USB Ports||5 x USB 3.0 Type-A ports|
|LAN Ports||2 x RJ45 Gigabit LAN ports|
|HDMI Output||2 x HDMI v1.4b (up to 3840 x 2160, 30 Hz)|
|10GbE Slot||Optional 10 Gigabit LAN port via a PCIe expansion card|
|PCIe Slot||1 x PCIe 2.0 x2 slot|
|Expansion Enclosure Support||N/A|
|Audio||Input: 2 x 3.5mm microphone input jacks
Output: speaker, 3.5mm line out jack
|Buttons||Power, USB copy, Reset, Capacitive touch buttons (select, enter)|
|LED Indicators||Status/Power, LAN, USB, Drives|
|IR Sensor||Optional QNAP RM-IR004 remote control|
|Power Supply||65W AC adapter, 100~240V|
|Power Consumption (W)||HDD sleep mode: 13.07W
In operation: 20.42W (typical)
|Power Management||- Wake-on-LAN (WoL)
- Standby mode for internal drives
- Scheduled power on/off
- Automatic power on after power recovery
- USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
|Security||- Network access protection with auto-blocking (SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, and AFP)
- Host access control for shared folders (CIFS/SMB)
- 140-2 validated AES 256-bit volume-based and shared folder data encryption (FIPS)
- 256-bit external drive encryption (AES)
- Importing of SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt
- Instant alerts through email, SMS, push service, and audio
- 2-step verification
|Access Right Management||- Multiple user creation
- User data importing and exporting
- User quota management
- Local user access control (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and WebDAV)
- Application access control (File Station, Music Station, Photo Station, and Video Station)
- Subfolder permissions (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
|Domain Authentication Integration||- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and domain controller support
- LDAP server and client
- Domain user login (AFP, CIFS/SMB, FTP, and File Station)
|Cooling||1 x 7cm system fan|
|Sound Level||38.6 dB(A)|
|Temperature||0~40 °C (32~104 °F)|
|Humidity||5~95% RH non-condensing
Wet bulb: 27°C (80.6°F)
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish|
|Security Slot||Kensington security slot|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.13" x 6.61" x 8.9" (105 x 168 x 226 mm)|
|Weight||1.66 kg (3.66 lbs)
- QNAP TS-253Be 2-Bay NAS w/ 2GB RAM
- AC Power Adapter
- Power Cord
- 2 x RJ45 Ethernet Cables
- 2.5"/3.5"Drive Screw Kit
- Quick Installation Guide