Dual-Port USB 3.1 Card - 10Gbps per port - 1x USB-C, 1x USB-A - PCIe
Add one USB Type-C and one USB Type-A port (10Gbps) to your computer, through a PCI Express slot
This USB 3.1 card lets you add one USB-C™ port and one USB-A port to your computer, through a PCI Express slot. It enables you to upgrade your current system by adding two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports to your computer and giving you access to data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps per port.
Plus, by adding one USB-C™ and one USB-A port to your PC, you can easily connect legacy, modern, and future USB devices, regardless of the USB connector type.
- Diversify the overall USB capabilities of your computer by adding USB Type-C™ and USB Type-A ports
- Transfer files and access USB 3.1 devices faster, with up to 10Gbps throughput
- Optional SATA power connector provides up to 900mA per USB port
- Cost-effective backward compatibility, works with USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices
- PCIe x4 interface compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 3.0
- Fits into standard or low-profile systems with a dual-profile design
- Compliant with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Revision 1.0
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus 3.1 Specification Revision 1.0, and Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0
- Upgrade an older PCIe equipped desktop from USB 3.0/2.0 to USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps)
- Expand the USB capabilities of your system by adding one USB-C™ port and one USB-A port, or install the card as a vital hardware component when building a new PC
- Ideal for file backups, video editing, and data recovery, using high-bandwidth USB 3.1 Gen 2 external storage solutions
Faster USB Performance
By adding 10Gbps USB ports to your computer, you can harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and rest assured you're ready for both current and future high-bandwidth USB-A and USB-C devices.
With higher data throughput support, this USB 3.1 PCIe card is a necessity for external drives, drive enclosures, and many other USB 3.1 peripherals. Plus, the USB card includes an optional SATA power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.1 bus-powered devices (500mA for USB 2.0). The card is ideal for use with large external storage solutions.
Compatible with Older USB Devices
Connecting older peripherals isn't a problem. This versatile dual-port USB 3.1 card is backward compatible with legacy USB 3.0/2.0 devices that use the common USB Type-A port, so you can eliminate the added expense and aggravation of purchasing new devices. You can also connect older devices on the USB Type-C™ port using a variety of USB-C cables and adapters.
The USB 3.1 card is compatible with a broad range of Windows® and Linux® operating systems. Plus, the high-quality card includes both standard-profile and low-profile brackets, making it easy to install in full or small form-factor PCs and servers.
The PEXUSB311AC2 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Server® 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Linux® 3.5 to 4.11.x (LTS versions only)
- PCI Express enabled computer or server with a PCI Express x4 slot or higher (x8, x16)
- Optional SATA power connector
|Product||2-Port USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) PCI-E Card|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket included)|
|Standards||USB 3.1 Specification Rev. 1.0
USB Specification Rev. 2.0
PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 3.0
Intel® xHCI Specification Rev. 1.1
UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Rev. 1.0
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||USB 3.1: 10Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2: 10 Gbit/s|
|Connectors||1 x PCI Express x4 Male|
|External I/O||1 x USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Female
1 x USB 3.1 USB Type-A (9 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female
|Internal I/O||1 x SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Temperature||Operating: 5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)
Storage: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
|Humidity||20% ~ 80% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, RoHS Compliant|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.3" x 0.8" x 4.8" (108 x 21 x 122 mm)|
Note: The card's USB-C port is a standard data throughput port. It does not support DP Alt Mode or USB Power Delivery.
The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps. PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps. PCI Express Gen 3.0 max throughput is 10Gbps.
The available bandwidth (10Gbps) is shared equally between the two ports.
- StarTech 2-Port USB 3.1 PCIe Controller Card
- Low Profile Bracket
- Quick Start Guide