Dual-Port USB-C Card - 10Gbps per port - 2x USB-C - USB 3.1 - PCIe
Add two 10Gbps USB Type-C ports to your computer, through a PCI Express slot
This USB 3.1 card lets you add two USB-C™ ports to your computer, through a PCI Express slot. It enables you to upgrade your current system by adding two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports to your computer and giving you access to data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps.
With the addition of two USB Type-C™ ports, you can rest assured your computer is compatible with the growing popularity of USB-C™ peripherals.
- Transfer files and access USB 3.1 devices faster, with up to 10Gbps throughput
- Get set for the future of universal connectivity, by adding two USB-C™ ports to your computer
- Optional SATA power connector provides up to 900mA per USB port
- Works with your existing USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) and USB 2.0 (480 Mbps) devices, for cost-effective backward compatibility
- PCIe x4 interface compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 3.0
- Fits into standard or low-profile systems with a dual-profile design
- Compliant with USAP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Revision 1.0
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus 3.1 Specification Revision 1.0, and Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0
- Upgrade an older PCIe equipped desktop from USB 3.0/2.0 to USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps)
- Expand the USB capabilities of your system with two USB-C™ ports, or install the card as a vital hardware component when building a new PC
- Ideal for file backups, video editing, and data recovery, using high-bandwidth USB 3.1 Gen 2 external storage solutions
Faster USB Performance
By adding 10Gbps USB ports to your computer, you can harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and rest assured you're ready for both current and future high-bandwidth USB-C™ devices.
With higher data throughput support, this USB 3.1 PCIe card is a necessity for external drives, drive enclosures, and many other USB 3.1 peripherals. Plus, the USB card includes an optional SATA power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.1 bus-powered devices (500mA for USB 2.0). The card is ideal for use with large external storage solutions.
Compatible with Older USB Devices
The card is backward compatible with USB 3.0 (5Gbps) and USB 2.0 (480mbps) devices. You can add the card now for use with newer USB-C™ devices, while still connecting your existing USB peripherals using a variety of USB-C™ cables and adapters.
The USB 3.1 card is compatible with a broad range of Windows® and Linux® operating systems. Plus, the high-quality card includes both standard-profile and low-profile brackets, making it easy to install in full or small form-factor PCs and servers.
The PEXUSB312C2 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
- Linux® 3.5 to 4.11.x LTS version only
- PCI Express enabled computer or server with a PCI Express x4 slot or higher (x8, x16)
- Optional SATA power connector
|Product||2-Port USB 3.1 (10Gbps) PCIe Controller Card|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket included)|
|Standards||USB 3.1 Specification Rev. 1.0
USB Specification Rev. 2.0
PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 3.0
Intel® xHCI Specification Rev. 1.1
UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Rev. 1.0
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Max Data Transfer Rate||10Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2: 10 Gbit/s|
|Connectors||1 x PCI Express x4 Male|
|External I/O||2 x USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Female|
|Internal I/O||1 x SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|Temperature||Operating: 5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)
Storage: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
|Humidity||20% to 80% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||3.5" x 0.8" x 4.8" (90 x 21 x 122 mm)|
Note: The card's USB-C™ ports are standard data throughput port. They do not support DP Alt Mode or USB Power Delivery.
Note: The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps. PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps. PCI Express Gen 3.0 max throughput is 10Gbps.
Note: The available bandwidth (10Gbps) is shared equally between the two ports.
- StarTech 2-Port USB 3.1 (10Gbps) PCIe Controller Card
- Low Profile Bracket
- Quick Start Guide