MS317dn Laser Printer – Affordable, with High-End Features and Reliability
The Lexmark MS317dn offers reliability, security, and optional wireless, with built-in duplexing, networking and printing up to 35 pages per minute.
The Lexmark MS317dn is a reliable, budget-friendly monochrome printer, yet it's packed with features such as advanced security and networking. With printing up to 35 pages per minute and 2-line LCD display, plus options for wireless printing* and higher input capacity, you'll be amazed at the value.
* Requires free Lexmark Mobile Print app with Android or iOS mobile device.
- Print at speeds of up to 25 pages per minute1, with your first print in your hands as fast as 10 seconds2
- Automatic duplexing (two sided printing)
- PANTONE® calibration and Lexmark color-matching tools produce high quality, consistent color printing
Fast, Quality Output
Experience less wait time. The MS317dn prints crisp text, graphics and images at up to 35 pages per minute with the first printed page in as little as 6.5 seconds. Unison™ Toner delivers rich blacks and smooth grays from the first print to the last, without fading.
High-end Security and Mobile Print Capability
Network security features and protocols are built-in to protect your device, information and network from unauthorized access. Print from mobile devices using an optional Wi-Fi adapter.
Outstanding Supplies Value
Lexmark's exclusive Unison™ Toner keeps your cost of printing low, with toner yields that provide great value at prices that are budget friendly. Cartridges yield up to 2,500 pages and they never require shaking, which minimizes interruptions and keeps your work moving. The Lexmark print system and Unison Toner enable consistent print quality throughout the life of the cartridge to prevent wasted prints.
The MS317dn is simple to install, easy to use and offers full compatibility with nearly every operating system and network, so you'll be up and running in minutes. It's built to last, so you'll easily be able to print up to 2,500 pages per month, thanks to our state-of-the-art paper handling technology. Add an extra tray to boost input capacity to 850 pages for fewer interruptions.
Built-in two-sided printing reduces paper use. The instant warm-up fuser saves energy and delivers the first page as fast as 6.5 seconds. Select an energy-saving mode (Quiet, Hibernate or Eco) to automatically minimize noise and energy consumption.
The affordable MS317dn is so well made, we back it with a solid 1-year warranty that offers you multiple ways to obtain help: phone, email, live chat and remote assistance. Plus, if your device ever fails, we'll ship you a replacement device through our Advanced Exchange program so you're up and printing again as quickly as possible. See Statement of Limited Warranty for details
- Windows® 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / Server 2012 / Server 2008 / Server 2003 / XP
- Apple OS X (10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10)
- Citrix MetaFrame
|Product||Color Laser Printer|
|Processor||Dual Core, 800 MHz|
|Memory||128 MB (standard)
128 MB (max.)
|Print Speed||Up to 35ppm (black)5|
|Time to First Page||6.5 seconds (black)|
|Print Resolution||600 x 600 dpi / 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Printable Area||0.16" of the top, bottom, right and left edges (within)|
|Duplexing||Integrated Duplex (2-sided)|
|Printer Language||PCL 5e Emulation
PCL 6 Emulation
Personal Printer Data Stream (PPDS)
PostScript 3 Emulation
Microsoft XPS (XML Paper Specification)
|Document Feed||250-sheet Input
150-sheet Output Bin
50-sheet Multi-purpose Feeder
|Optional Paper Handling||550-sheet Lockable Tray with 550-sheet Tray/ 250-sheet Tray|
|Paper Input Capacity||Standard: Up to 300 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
Max.: Up to 850 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
|Paper Output Capacity||Standard: Up to 150 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
Max.: Up to 150 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
|Paper Weight Range Supported||Standard Tray: 16 - 24 lb.
Multi-purpose Feeder: 16 - 43 lb.
|Media Types Supported||Card stock
Refer to the Card Stock & Label Guide.
|Media Sizes Supported||A6, Oficio, Universal, Statement, Letter, Legal, JIS-B5, Folio, Executive, DL Envelope, A5, A4, 9 Envelope, 7 3/4 Envelope, 10 Envelope|
|Interface||Ethernet 10/100BaseTX (RJ-45), also works with 1000Base-T
USB 2.0 Specification Hi-Speed Certified (Type B)
Centronics IEEE 1284 Bidirectional Parallel
|Optional Network Ports||MarkNet N8352 802.11b/g/n Wireless
External MarkNet N7020e Gigabit Ethernet
|Network Protocol Support||TCP/IP IPv4
|Network Printing Methods||LPR/LPD
Direct IP (Port 9100)
Enhanced IP (Port 9400)
ThinPrint .print integration
IPP 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 (Internet Printing Protocol)
Microsoft Web Services WSD
|Network Management Protocols||HTTP
802.1x Authentication: MD5, MSCHAPv2, LEAP, PEAP, TLS, TTLS
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows XP, Vista®,Windows Server® 2012, 2012 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2003, 2003 R2, XP
Apple OS X (10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10)
|Laser Cartridge Yields||Up to 2,500-page Black Cartridge1|
|Photoconductor Estimated Yields||Up to 60,000 pages, based on 3 average letter / A4-size pages per print job and ~ 5% coverage6|
|Included Cartridges||1,500-page Black Starter Return Program Toner Cartridge1|
|Interface||2-line monochrome LCD display|
|Duty Cycle||Up to 50,000 pages per month3|
|Recommended Monthly Page Volume||500 - 2,500 pages2|
|Certifications||ENERGY STAR, Blue Angel RAL-UZ-171, ICES-003 Class B, BSMI Class B, VCCI Class B, US FDA, UL 60950-1, FCC Class B, cUL CAN/CSA-C22.2 60950-1, CB EN/IEC 60950-1, CB EN/IEC 60825-1, CE DoC (EN 62301 Class B, EN 62311, CE EN/IEC 60950-1, CE EN/IEC 60825-1, EN 61000-3, EN 55022 Class B, EuP, EN 55024, UL), EFTA (CE), KCC, CCC, CECP, CEL, C-tick DoC, UL-AR, KC mark, GS mark, EC 1275, MET-I, ISO 532B, ECMA-370, Customs Union EAC, SII, TER|
|Power requirements||110-120 VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Operating: 520W (printing)
|Energy Star Compliant||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC)||1.6kWh per week|
|Noise Level||Idle: 15 dBA
Operating (print): 53 dBA
Operating (duplex print): 52 dBA
|Temperature||16 to 32°C (60 to 90°F)|
|Humidity||8 to 80% relative humidity|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||15.7" x 10.3" x 15"|
|Weight||30.9 lbs (20.3 kg)|
1. Average continuous black or continuous composite CMY declared cartridge yield up to this number of standard pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752.
2. "Recommended Monthly Page Volume" is a range of pages that helps customers evaluate Lexmark's product offerings based on the average number of pages customers plan to print on the device each month. Lexmark recommends that the number of pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including: supplies replacement intervals, paper loading intervals, speed, and typical customer usage.
3. "Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle" is defined as the maximum number of pages a device could deliver in a month using a multishift operation. This metric provides a comparison of robustness in relation to other Lexmark printers and MFPs.
4. Printers are sold subject to certain license/agreement conditions. See www.lexmark.com/printerlicense for details.
5 Print and copy speeds measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734 and ISO/IEC 24735 respectively (ESAT). For more information see: www.lexmark.com/ISOspeeds.
6. Actual Yield may vary based on other factors such as device speed, paper size and feed orientation, toner coverage, tray source, percentage of black-only printing and average print job complexity.
7. Product functions only with replacement cartridges designed for use in a specific geographical region. See www.lexmark.com/regions for more details
- Lexmark MS317dn Monochrome Laser Printer
- Starter Black Toner Cartridge (Approx. 1,500 pages)
- Starter Imaging Unit (Approx. 60,000 pages)
- Power Cord(s)
- Software and Documentation CD
- Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
- Lexmark Cartridge Collection Program Information