Average Rating: With 1 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
E Merth from Calgary writes:
- These comments refer to running Windows 10. Graphics are good: it can play games at 1080p with medium eye candy. RAM support is much improved from original Ryzens: out of the box it booted at 3200 / CL14 using a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 8GB sticks; it runs 3333 / CL18 using a pair of G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3866 8GB sticks. These speeds tested using several runs of memtest86+.
- Linux support is not ready yet. Using Ubuntu 16.04 + kernel 4.15, plus either AMD proprietary driver or Linux's open source driver results in either poor graphics performance or just instability. One crash made the screen glow like it was going to explode ;-) ROCm simply does not work, the GPU is not detected. Too bad, I think these things could be quite good for GPGPU.
- If you are using Windows 10, this thing is excellent, and it has excellent RAM compatibility. If you are Linux person, you're waiting for drivers. I hear kernel 4.17 or so will be good.