Seagate® Exos™ X12 Enterprise Storage: Scalable, Responsive, Innovative.
The Most Scalable Drives in the Datasphere
For everything hyperscale, there's Exos™ X - the most powerful way to access the datasphere and harness the full potential of the Cloud. Exos™ X12 and Exos™ X10 enterprise hard drives integrate the latest technology in support of a scalable, secure and reliable cloud data center.* Specifically designed to work in highly scalable environments requiring low power consumption and weight, Exos™ X series hard drives perform consistently while scaling to meet the stringent TCO requirements of most cloud-based data centers.
* Formerly Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium).
Seagate manufactures hard drives that specifically address the needs of the hyperscale storage market. As the flagship of the Seagate® X class, the Exos™ X12 enterprise hard drive is the highest-capacity hard drive in the fleet.
- Perfect for Hyperscale applications / cloud data centers
- Massive scale-out data centers
- Big data applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore - D2D, virtual tape
- Centralized surveillance
- Store up to 10PB in a single 42U rack with helium-sealed drive technology
- Advanced Write Caching provides a 20% boost over previous generation drives in random write performance*
- Industry's best-in-class power efficiency: up to 21% greater IOPS/watt vs. other 12TB models.
- Customize your bulk storage requirements with PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild®
- 550TB/yr - 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- Seagate Secure® encryption technology protects data-at-rest, meets the NIST 800-88 media sanitization standard
- 5 Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty
* When compared to 8TB competitive product.
Scales to Meet Your Growing Capacity Needs
Seagate Exos™ X12 enterprise hard drives offer the highest rack space efficiency—up to 10PB of data in a single 42U rack. Enhanced caching makes it perfect for Big Data applications, providing the fastest hard drive data transfers in the datasphere. Hyperscale SATA models are tuned for large data transfers, providing low latency. You can easily customize your bulk storage requirements with innovative technology advancements (PowerBalance™, PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild®). Exos X12 drives help provide low data center TCO, and are architected to offer low power and weight. Simplified infrastructure management is possible with FastFormat™ advanced format feature (4Kn and 512e). Advanced Write Caching helps ensure rapid response rates with a 20% boost in random write performance.1
Innovative Helium Design
The Exos™ X12 hard drive is built on a rock-solid sealed-drive design. A wrought-aluminum base and a helium sealed-drive design with no porosity and uniform density are designed with superior material and wide-weld design for a more robust, hermetically sealed-drive enclosure. Exos™ X12 hard drives incorporate digital environmental sensors for measuring pressure in the drive, helping to ensure high reliability, performance and quality.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Seagate is the industry leader in data-at-rest protection with the broadest offering of technologies to help ensure reliable, trusted products. Seagate Secure™ models provide hardware-based security to help protect data-at-rest. With Instant Secure Erase, drive retirement is safe, affordable, fast and easy. Seagate Secure models meet the NIST 800-88 media sanitization specification and support the Trusted Computer Group (TCG) standard.2 The X class Exos™ X12 hard drive is a proven, enterprise-class hard drive with maximum reliability backed by a 2.5 million hour MTBF.
|Interface||SATA III, supports SATA II and SATA interfaces at reduce performance levels|
|512e Sector Size (Bytes Per Sector)||512|
|Spin Speed||7,200 rpm|
|Sustained Data Transfer Rate||Up to 261 MB/second|
|Average Latency||4.16 ms|
|MTBF||2,500,000 hours (Mean Time Between Failures)|
|Power On Hours||8,760 hours|
|Annual Failure Rate||0.35%|
|Unrecoverable Read Errors||1 sector per 1015|
|Average Power Consumption||Operating: 7.8W
|Power Supply Requirements||+12V and +5V|
|Temperature||5°C ~ 60°C|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||101.85 x 26.1 x 147 mm (4.01" x 1.03" x 5.79")|
|Weight||705g (1.55 lb)|
1. Compared to 8TB competitive product.
2. Seagate Secure models not available in all countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.