Seagate® Exos™ Enterprise Bulk Data Storage Solutions
Exos 7E8 HDDs offer bulk data storage for data center infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. They privide cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. Built on field proven 9th Gen CMR tech, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyze the datasphere, enabling data center architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24x7 operations.
- Legacy mainstream applications requiring 512n block size
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centers with replicated storage
- Massive scale-out data centers & Big Data analytics
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Distributed file systems, including support for Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup / restore - D2D, virtual tape
- Centralized surveillance
- 5 Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Advanced security features help protect data where it lives—on the drive. Exos 7E8 prevents unauthorized drive access and safeguards stored data with security features that include Secure Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistent hard drive2. Seagate Secure™ drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24x7 World
Exos 7E8 drives are backed by a 2 Million Hour MTBF rating, supporting workloads of 550TB1 per year; 10x that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-the fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, this drive helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
IT PROs Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for Six Consecutive Years!
Seagate was again selected by IT professionals as the 2018 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs garnering nearly half of the votes for the sixth straight year. In addition, Seagate accomplished a clean sweep by winning all Enterprise HDD leadership categories.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Center Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost effective data center footprint on the market today. Exos 7E8 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with the SATA 6Gb/s interface.
With userdefinable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ & Seagate RAID Rebuild®, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering TCO.
|Interface||SATA III, supports SATA II and SATA interfaces at reduce performance levels|
|Bytes Per Sector||512|
|Spin Speed||7,200 rpm|
|Sustained Data Transfer Rate||226MB/second|
|Average Latency||4.16 ms|
|Power On Hours||8,760 Hours|
|Annual Failure Rate||0.44%|
|Unrecoverable Read Errors||1 sector per 1015|
Read: 70Gs / Write: 40Gs
|Average Power Consumption||Operating: 8.59W
|Dimensions||101.85 x 26.11 x 147.0mm|
- Seagate recommends validating your configuaration with your HBA/RAID controller manufacturer to ensure full capacity capabilities
- Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support