Cisco Managed Switches Provide the Ideal Mix of Features and Value
To stay ahead in a competitive marketplace, businesses need to make every dollar count. That means getting the most value from your technology investments, but it also means making sure that employees have fast, reliable access to the business tools and information they need.
Every minute an employee waits for an unresponsive application and every minute your network is down has an effect on your profits. The importance of maintaining a strong and dependable business network only grows as your business adds more employees, applications, and network complexity.
When your business needs advanced security and features but value is still a top consideration, you’re ready for the new generation of Cisco® Small Business managed switches: the Cisco 350 Series.
Cisco 350 Series Switches
The Cisco 350 Series, part of the Cisco Small Business line of network solutions, is a portfolio of affordable managed switches that provides a reliable foundation for your business network.
These switches deliver the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect your sensitive information, and optimize your network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively.
Easy to set up and use, the Cisco 350 Series provides the ideal combination of affordability and capabilities for small businesses and helps you create a more efficient, better-connected workforce.
The Cisco 350 Series is a broad portfolio of fixed-configuration managed Ethernet switches.
However, unlike other small business switching solutions that provide managed network capabilities only in the costliest models, all Cisco 350 Series Switches support the advanced security management capabilities and network features you need to support business-class data, voice, security, and wireless technologies.
At the same time, these switches are simple to deploy and configure, allowing you to take advantage of the managed network services your business needs.
Whether you need a basic high-performance network to connect employee computers or a solution to deliver data, voice, and video services, the Cisco 350 Series offers a solution to meet your needs.
Possible deployment scenarios include:
- Secure desktop connectivity: Cisco 350 Series Switches can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity helps speed file transfers and data processing, improves network uptime, and keeps your employees connected and productive.
- Secure Wireless connectivity: With its advanced Security features, Power over Ethernet, Auto Smartports, QoS, VLAN and Access Control features, the Cisco 350 Series Switches are the perfect foundation to add Business Grade wireless to an SMB network.
- Unified communications: As a managed network solution, the Cisco 350 Series provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses. Cisco 350 Series Switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other products, providing a complete small business solution.
- Highly secure guest connectivity. Cisco 350 Series Switches let you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to nonemployee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests’ network sessions private from each other.
Cisco 350 Series switches provide the advanced feature set that growing businesses require and that high-bandwidth applications and technologies demand. These switches can improve the availability of your critical applications, protect your business information, and optimize your network bandwidth to more effectively deliver information and support applications.
This switch provides the following benefits:
Easy Deployment and Use
Cisco 350 Series switches are designed to be easy to use and manage by commercial customers or the partners that serve them. They feature:
- Simple-to-use graphical interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network and allow you to support sophisticated capabilities without increasing IT head count
- The switches also support Textview, a full command-line interface (CLI) option for partners that prefer it
- Using Auto Smartports intelligence, the switch can detect a network device connected to any port and automatically configure the optimal security, quality of service (QoS), and availability on that port
- Cisco Discovery Protocol discovers Cisco devices and allows devices to share critical configuration information, simplifying network setup and integration
- Support for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) allows you to set up and manage your switches and other Cisco devices remotely from a network management station, improving IT workflow and mass configurations
- The Cisco FindIT utility, which works through a simple toolbar on the user’s web browser, discovers Cisco devices in the network and displays basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in configuration and deployment.
High Reliability and Resiliency
In a growing business where availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is critical, you need to assure that employees can always access the data and resources they need. The Cisco 350 Series supports dual images, allowing you to perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline or worry about the network going down during the upgrade.
Cisco 350 Series switches provide the advanced security features you need to protect your business data and keep unauthorized users off the network:
- Embedded Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protects management data traveling to and from the switch
- Extensive access control lists (ACLs) restrict sensitive portions of the network to keep out unauthorized users and guard against network attacks
- Guest VLANs let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic
- Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security tightly limits access to specific segments of your network. Web-based authentication provides a consistent interface to authenticate all types of host devices and operating systems, without the complexity of deploying IEEE 802.1X clients on each endpoint
- Advanced defense mechanisms, including dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) inspection, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IP-MAC port binding (IPMB)
- IPv6 First Hop Security extends the advanced threat protection to IPv6. This comprehensive security suite includes ND inspection, RA guard, DHCPv6 guard, and neighbor binding integrity check, providing unparalleled protection against a vast range of address spoofing and man-in-the-middle attacks on IPv6 networks
- Time-based ACLs and port operation restrict access to the network during predesignated times such as business hours
- Uniform MAC address-based security can be applied automatically to mobile users as they roam between wireless access points
- Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch is able to process management traffic in the face of a denial-of-service (DoS) attack
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE) provides Layer 2 isolation between devices on the same VLAN
- Storm control can be applied to broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic
- Protection of management sessions occurs using RADIUS, TACACS+, and local database authentication as well as secure management sessions over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3
- DoS attack prevention maximizes network uptime in the presence of an attack.
As the IP address scheme evolves to accommodate a growing number of network devices, the Cisco 350 Series can support the transition to the next generation of networking and operating systems such as Windows 8, Vista, and Linux. These switches continue to support previous-generation IPv4, allowing you to evolve to the new IPv6 standard at your own pace and helping ensure that your current network will continue to support your business applications in the future. Cisco 350 Series switches have successfully completed rigorous IPv6 testing and have received the USGv6 and IPv6 Gold certification.
Advanced Layer 3 Traffic Management
The Cisco 350 Series enables a more advanced set of traffic management capabilities to help growing businesses organize their networks more effectively and efficiently. For example, the switches provide static LAN Layer 3 routing, allowing you to segment your network into workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance.
With these capabilities, you can boost the efficiency of your network by offloading internal traffic-handling tasks from your router and allowing it to manage primarily external traffic and security. Additionally, Cisco 350 models provide static Layer 3 routing features. With these capabilities, you can minimize the need to manually configure routing devices and simplify the ongoing operation of the network.
The Cisco 350 Series integrates a variety of power-saving features across all models, providing the industry’s most extensive energy-efficient switching portfolio. These switches are designed to conserve energy by optimizing power use, which helps protects the environment and reduce your energy costs. They provide an eco-friendly network solution without compromising performance. Cisco 350 Series switches feature:
- Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods
- The latest application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), which use low-power 65/40-nanometer technology and low-power, high-performance ARM CPUs
- Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down
- LEDs that can be turned off to save power
- Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on the length of the connecting cable
10 Expansion Ports
This Cisco 350 Series provides 10 ports, giving you more flexibility to connect and empower your business.
Peace of Mind and Investment Protection
Cisco 350 Series switches offer the reliable performance and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. When you invest in the Cisco 350 Series, you gain the benefits of:
- Limited lifetime warranty with next-business-day (NBD) advance replacement (where available; otherwise same day ship)
- A solution that has been rigorously tested to help ensure optimal network uptime to keep employees connected to primary resources and productive
- A solution designed and tested to easily and fully integrate with other Cisco voice, unified communications, security, and networking products as part of a comprehensive technology platform for your business
- Complimentary software updates for bug fixes for the warranty term.
- Telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase
- Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.
Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty
Cisco 350 Series switches offer a limited lifetime hardware warranty with NBD advance replacement (where available; otherwise same day ship) and a limited lifetime warranty for fans and power supplies.
In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes for the warranty term and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase.
|Make and Model||Cisco SG350 10 Port Gigabit Managed Switch|
|Ports||10 Port Switch
8x (RJ45) Gigabit Ethernet ports
2x (RJ-45 + SFP) mini-GBIC ports
|MTBF||308,196 Hours @ 40° C|
|Temperature||Operating: 0 ~ 40° C (32 ~ 104° F)
Storage: -20 ~ 70° C (-4 ~ 158° F)
|Humidity||Operating & Storage: 10% to 90% RH, non-condensing|
|Certifications||CE mark, CSA (CSA 22.2), FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A, UL (UL 60950)|
|Power||External Power Adapter
Input: 110 ~ 240Vac @ 2A, 50 / 60Hz
|Dimensions||279 x 170 x 44.45mm|