8GB Crucial DDR4-2400 SODIMM Is Here
More speed. More battery life. More memory capacity. Fuel your next-gen laptop.
In the ever-changing world of technology, any component more than five years old is usually in need of an update. At seven years old and counting, that's where DDR3 memory is at: laptops can only do so much with it.
Since the introduction of DDR3 memory technology in 2007, processors have doubled in capability, SSDs have revolutionized throughput, and graphics cards have drastically increased frame rates, leaving memory as a limiting factor. With Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs, crush the DDR3 memory bottleneck and unlock a new standard of performance.
- Speeds start at 2133 MT/s
- Increase bandwidth by up to 30%
- Reduce power consumption by up to 40% and extend battery life
- Faster burst access speeds for improved sequential data throughput
- Optimized for next generation processors and platforms
- Available in modules up to 8GB and kits up to 32GB
- Limited lifetime warranty2
More Energy Efficient
Extend battery life by using less power. Operating at just 1.2V compared to 1.5V for standard DDR3 memory, Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs consume 20% less voltage than standard DDR3 technology. Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs also contain other efficiency features, for an overall power reduction of up to 40%.1
Pack more memory into your laptop than ever before. Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs debut in densities up to 8GB, and as DDR4 technology develops, modules are projected to hit 32GB – allowing you to install twice as much memory as you could in a DDR3 system. Since laptops only have 1-2 memory slots, high-density Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs allow you to overcome this limitation and install more memory for faster mobile performance.
Load applications faster and run demanding programs without lag. Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs debut at 2133 MT/s – more than 30% faster than DDR3 modules.1
Effortlessly multitask between apps and empower your system to fire on all cylinders. Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs increase memory bandwidth by over 30%, allowing your system to handle more data at once. Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs are optimized for next-gen platforms, allowing you to maximize bandwidth.
|Capacity||8GB (1x 8GB)|
|Memory Type||PC4-19200 DDR4|
|Speed Rating||DDR4-2400 MHz|
|Pins||260-pin Unbuffered SO-DIMM|
1. Product performance and efficiency improvements are noted as comparisons between DDR3 and DDR4 memory technology. As of May 2014, standard DDR3 memory achieved speeds of 1600 MT/s and operated at 1.5V, compared to DDR4-2133, which will operate at 1.2V. When voltage reductions and all other energy-saving DDR4 features are factored in, DDR4 modules are projected to consume up to 40% less power. As DDR4 technology matures, speeds and bandwidths are projected to respectively hit 3200 MT/s and 25.6 GB/s – twice what was possible on DDR3 technology.
2. Limited lifetime warranty valid everywhere except Germany, where warranty is valid for ten years from date of purchase.
- 1 x 8GB Crucial DDR4-2400 SODIMM RAM