Samsung T5 Portable 500GB External SSD Drive: Storage Made New
The Samsung Portable SSD T5 elevates data transfer speeds to the next level and unleashes a new experience in external storage. With a compact and durable design and password protection, the T5 is truly easy to carry and stores data securely.
Fast Transfer Speeds
With Samsung V-NAND flash memory and a high speed USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) interface, the T5 provides transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s1, that is up to 4.9x faster than traditional external spinning HDDs2 we have used for years.
You can quickly and easily transfer data or do backups of large data, including Twitch Streams, 3D CAD / CAM files, 4K UHD Videos, Uncompressed Audio Files, and High Res photos just as fast as to and from internal SATA III SSDs.
Solid Inside and Out
Do more, worry less. The T5 has no moving parts and a sturdy metal body, so it can handle drops of up to 2 meters4. The optional password protection with AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure4. It’s all confidently backed by a 3-year limited warranty5.
The top to bottom metal design and rounded unibody fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. The T5 comes in two distinct aluminum finishes; an alluring blue for 250 GB and 500 GB models, and a deep black finish for 1 and 2 TB models.3
Compact and Light
Smaller than the average business card and only 10.4mm think and weighs in at just 51.8g. The compact, light and slim T5 is the perfect portable storage device.
Manage your data easily with new intuitive software for PCs and Macs6 that makes it simple to set the password and get the latest firmware updates. You can also download the mobile app for Android smartphones and tablets7.
Connect With Ease
Connect the T5 to an extensive range of devices from PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices8. The included USB Type-C™ to C cable and USB Type-C to A cable give you seamless connectivity without the hassle of purchasing additional adapters.9
Ready Anytime, Anywhere
Take everything, all your work and entertainment, with you. The Portable SSD T5 gives you simple and efficient access to your massive data so you can complete tasks quickly and on the move. Take along your documents, large-sized photos or videos, and get things done wherever you go.
Operating System Support:
The Samsumg Portable SSD Software requires Windows® 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.9+ or Android 4.4+.
Older versions of the Windows, Mac and Android operating systems may not be supported.
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen2, 3.0 or 2.0
Runs on USB 2.0 at significantly reduced transfer speeds
|Speed||Up to 540 MB/sec|
|AES Encryption||AES 256-bit hardware encryption|
|UASP||UASP Mode Supported|
|Certification||CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-tick, FCC, IC, UL, TUV, CB, EAC|
|Power||USB Bus Powered|
|Dimensions||74 x 57 x 10.4mm|
- Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum transfer speeds of 540 MB/s, the host device and connection cables must support USB 3.1 Gen 2 and the UASP mode must be enabled
- Based on internal test results compared to a Samsung external HDD 500GB. Test system configuration: Asus® Strix Z270E Gaming motherboard, Intel® Core™ i5-7600 @3.5 GHz, DDR4 1066 MHz 4 GB, OS-Windows® 10 x64, Performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark 5.2.1
- 1 GB=1,000,000,000 bytes, 1 TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Lower capacity may be demonstrated by your computer due to use of a different measurement standard. Compact and light
- The internal free fall shock test was conducted under controlled conditions.
- For more information on the warranty, please visit: www.samsung.com/support
- Software requires Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Android 4.4 (KitKat), or higher. Older versions of the Windows, Mac and Android operating systems may not be supported.
- Firmware update requires PC or Mac connection. Android app available on Google Play.
- Compatibility with host devices may vary. Some operating systems may require T5 reformatting. Please find the compatible devices list on www.samsung.com/support.
- The T5 is also compatible with USB 2.0 with reduced performance.