Average Rating: With 2 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
A good system update
Rad from Alberta writes:
- - 8 core / 16 thread processor - Base clock of 3.8 GHz. - Handles large 3D CAD files and encodes video project files with ease.
- - The operating system.
- The only thing that is holding back the full enjoyment of this piece of hardware is the OS. Coming from an Intel i7-3820 system, this processor is a joy to use, when the OS is co-operating.
Daniel I from Winnipeg writes:
- Cleans my old i7-6700K's clock for system performance/responsiveness, and really appreciated the extra bit of customization that Ryzen Master offers. For me, setting Memory Access Mode to Local improved game play, and I haven't needed to adjust Legacy Compatibility Mode yet (so all cores enabled). Base clock is 3.8Mhz, but I always see it fluctuating between 3.9-4.1Mhz... No overclocking required or attempted yet.
- None that I've found yet.
- I'm not seeing the full potential of this chip yet as the DDR4 I'm using is @ 2133 (looking into a 3200 kit soon), but despite that it is already proving a more responsive system that what I was getting out of my i7-6700K. I also really appreciate the 64 PCIe lanes, and never again having to fart around with compromises like which M2 slot will be disabled if I plug another PCIe device in.