Average Rating: With 4 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Great performance, runs hot.
Tyler from Winnipeg writes:
- -Fastest single core performance available -Overclocks well -Crushes an i7 3930K / 5930K with ease
- These are not cool CPU's. People are listing low idle temps like it's a big deal. Even at stock clocks with a decent liquid cooler, expect 65 ~ 70° C under stress. Start throwing more voltage at it while overclocking past 4.6Ghz and even good liquid coolers will jump into the upper 70s ~ 80s. This is caused by Intel using poor TIM rather than soldering the heat spreader. Delliding solves the problem, but voids warranty...
- It's performance is stellar, but it loses a point for Intel cheaping out with TIM. Get a good cooler. If you want to OC into the 4.8 ~ 5.0Ghz area, get a VERY good cooler.
Fast and Hot
Chris from Edmonton writes:
- Blistering fast
- Runs HOT - thank Intel for their IHS design with sub-par TIM paste between die and shroud. My friend and I found that some must have worse application than others. At stock clock, I had two cores running 20° C consistently hotter than the rest, my chip would register 95° C when stressed tested, his would hit 80° C consistently across all cores, both running 280mm AIOs. Launch availability, but this doesn't seem to be as much of an issue now
- Well-worth upgrade from my existing 2600k when gaming on a GTX 1070. It is quite unfortunate that Intel turns some enthusiasts into voiding their warrantiy in order to control temperatures and achieve their overclocking goals.
i7-8700K Processor Heaven
Grant from Edmonton writes:
- Fast running 6 core processor at cool temperatures (25 C with fans on and 30 C with pump only) Use it mainly for photography that has handled the processing with ease.
- None except maybe availability at launch.
- Running this processor on a Gigabyte Z370XP SLI motherboard, Plextor NVMe, Kingston HyperX Memory and SSD drives all cooled by a Corsair H100i v2. Have not been more pleased with a systems and it performance.
Nathan from Blackfalds writes:
- Runs decent temps with Cooler Master Seidon with a push pull silencio fp 120 pwm fans stock clocked getting 24° C.
- Great CPU