Average Rating: With 2 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Great laptop for programming and design.
Ray from Edmonton Ab writes:
- Looks - Its a beautiful laptop, its got some of the typical gaming computer aesthetics but not enough to be gaudy. Performance - I use mine mainly for programming, java and android apps, It has been an absolute beast for crunching data. Screen - I read a lot of bad reviews about the screen quality, but IMO its pretty good! I've never been upset with it.
- Battery - I knew this going in, Its a small battery so your not going to get hours of max performance on the battery. TouchPad - I wish they would have made it smooth. Instead they used the same brushed surface as the body and its just weird to be honest. WindowsKey - I realize this was moved for gaming so you're not accidentally striking it, but it still bothers me.
- I have had this for about four months and still couldn't be happier (except I spent quite a bit more then). As mentioned I use mine mainly for programming Java, building windows/android GUI apps, I rarely bog it down rendering projects. I also use it for CAM part design and programming as well. When compared to my works brand new Lenovo ThinkStations which are spec'd right out for cad/cam design my little MSI isn't that much slower when rendering drawings at less than half the price.
Powerful laptop, great for university student
Neil from Winnipeg writes:
- 16gb of DDR4 will rarely max out. 128gb SSD won't slow you down 1TB HDD for random files is a great amount CPU and GPU are powerful, great for Overwatch, Rocket League, etc.
- Battery is okay, runs around 4-4.5 hours while normally browsing the web/watching a video, and 1 hour while playing a heavy game like Overwatch Fingerprints are pretty noticeable all over the laptop, but go away after a while Not an IPS panel, so the screen looks bad at different angles.
- Honestly a decent laptop, especially for university students that like to game. The battery isn't that good, but thats okay considering theres power outlets everywhere I go. Definitely recommend this if you arent looking for a 9 hour battery or such.