The Ultimate Engineering and Media & Entertainment Solution
The Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 workstation graphics card is designed to be ready for the game engine revolution in professional design workflows.
Game engines (such as Unity and Unreal) have become more commonplace in today’s immersive computing era, integrating themselves alongside traditional CAD applications like Autodesk®, Siemens PLM and SOLIDWORKS®.
The Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 brings your designs to life; it is the fastest 75W TDP workstation card1.
Based on the latest Polaris GPU architecture, the Radeon Pro WX 5100 features 28 compute units (1,792 stream processors) and 8GB of GDDR5 GPU memory with a 256-bit memory interface. It delivers the power and features to unleash your creativity on applications like Siemens NX, where the Radeon Pro WX 5100 delivers up to 41% more performance than its nearest competitor, the NVIDIA Quadro M2000.2
Quality You Can See
Immerse yourself in the millions of pixels that are being driven from the Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 graphics card to your 5K display. See enhanced levels of detail and wider, more precise color ranges with 10-bit color and HDR (High Dynamic Range) support3.
Quality You Can Trust
Radeon™ Pro WX is the embodiment of innovation and design within the Radeon Technologies Group. Great care is taken into crafting each product to ensure quality and reliability are at the highest of standards. AMD is proud to stand behind their 3 Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty.
4th Gen Graphics Core Next (GCN) GPU Architecture
The Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 graphics card is based on the fourth-generation of Graphics Core Next (GCN) GPU architecture and, like its predecessor, can perform graphic and arithmetic instructions in parallel.
5K Display Support
Drive up to two, 5K (5,120 x 2,880 pixel resolution) dual-cable displays @ 60 Hz, or a one, single-cable 5K display @ 60 Hz.
Native support for 10-bits per color channel for color-critical tasks. Driving an effective 30-bits per pixel, the Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 is great for any workload requiring that level of detail and color precision.
High dynamic range (HDR) capability enables visuals that closely match what is familiar to the human eye3.
Combine up to four Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 workstation graphics cards in a single desktop system and leverage the combined processing power for personal supercomputing or to work with multiple 4K video streams in real-time, layer in effects, make color corrections and edits on the fly.
8GB GDDR5 Memory
Allow users to work at extreme levels of speed and responsiveness. With a 256-bit memory interface, users can edit 4K video, layer in multiple effects and color correct on the fly, or load massive assemblies and data sets and manipulate them in real time.
Up to 3.9 TFLOPS peak single-precision floating point performance
Helps speed up time required to complete single precision operations used within Video Effects and Rendering, Signal Processing, Transcoding and Digital Rendering applications where high performance takes precedence.
DirectGMA and SDI Support
Removes CPU bandwidth and latency bottlenecks, and optimizes communication between GPUs within a system and third party devices like SDI I/O cards. DirectGMA bypasses any need to traverse the host’s main memory, reducing CPU utilization, avoiding redundant bus transfers, and resulting in high throughput, low latency data transfers.
4K Accelerated Encode/Decode
Multi-stream hardware H.265 HD encode/decode for power-efficient and quick video encoding and playback.6
Energy Efficient Design
Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 graphics card supports unique power monitoring and management technologies, and has a maximum power consumption of 130 watts. AMD PowerTune technology dynamically optimizes GPU power usage and AMD ZeroCore Power technology significantly reduces power consumption at idle.4
- 8GB System Memory
- Available PCI® Express 3.0 x16 Single Slot
- Internet Connection for driver installation
- Operating Systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8.x or 7
|Make and Model||AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 8GB Video Card|
|Chipset||GCN 4th Gen GPU|
|Stream Processors||1,792 Stream Processors|
|Clock Rate||Peak Clock: 1,086 MHz
Typical Clock: 713 MHz
|Peak Performance;||3.9 TFLOPS|
|Peak Triangles||4.34 Billion Triangles per second|
|Memory Clock||5 Gbps|
|Video Outputs||4x DisplayPort 1.4 ports|
|API Support||DirectX ®12
|Supported OS's||Windows® 10, 7, 64-bit
|Bus Interface||PCI Express 3.0 x16|
|Cooling||AMD OEM Cooling Heatsink and Fan|
|Power Draw||Typical: 75 Watts|
|Dimensions & Weight|
- Based on single precision compute performance. As of August 25, 2016, the Radeon™ Pro WX 5100 workstation GPU delivers up to 3.89 TFLOPS of single-precision compute performance at maximum clock speed with a TDP of 75 watts, and the NVIDIA Quadro M2000 delivers 1.3 TFLOPS of single-precision compute performance with a TDP total board power of 75 watts. See https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2837/quadro-m2000 RPW-8
- Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of September 2016 on test system described below. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. CPU: Intel E5-1650 v3 3.50GHz, Memory: 16GB RAM, OS: Win7 64-bit SP1, AMD Driver: 16.40 Beta Nvidia Driver: 368.39 Application: SPECviewperf 12.1, official resolution Subtest: snx-02 AMD WX5100 Composite snx-02 score: 76.28 Nvidia Quadro M2000 Composite snx-02 score: 54.05 Performance Differential: 76.28/54.05 = ~41.13% faster on AMD RPW 13
- HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, monitor/TV, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support
- AMD PowerTune and AMD ZeroCore Power are technologies offered by certain FirePro™ and Radeon™ Pro products, which are designed to intelligently manage GPU power consumption in response to certain GPU load conditions. Not all products feature all technologies – check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities. GD-36
- As of September 2016, certified for DisplayPort™ 1.4 HBR3 and ready for DisplayPort™ 1.4 HDR based on independent verification by DisplayPort™ testing authority. HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, monitor/TV, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support. GD-100
- HEVC acceleration is subject to inclusion/installation of compatible HEVC players. GD-81
- 1x AMD FirePro W5100 W Series Workstation Graphics Card, 8GB