Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter, for Windows and Mac
Thunderbolt™ 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter - 4k 60 Hz - Mac and Windows Compatible
Run the most resource-demanding applications on two 4K 60Hz displays, using your Mac or PC
This high-performance Thunderbolt™ 3 adapter lets you add two 4K 60Hz DisplayPort monitors to your Windows® or Mac computer through a single Thunderbolt 3 port, or it can be used to connect your Thunderbolt 3 port to a 5K 60Hz display using two DP cables.
The Thunderbolt video adapter is compatible with computer systems that support Thunderbolt™ 3, such as models of MacBook Pro, Dell™ Precision, and Dell XPS. Thunderbolt™ 3 is a protocol that uses the USB-C™ connector, but your computer system must support Thunderbolt™ 3 in order for the adapter to function as expected. If you connect the adapter to a USB-C™ port that does not support Thunderbolt™ 3, the adapter will not function.
- Connect two UHD 4K 60Hz displays to your computer through a single Thunderbolt™ 3 port
- Add a 5K 60Hz display to your computer by connecting two DP cables to a single Thunderbolt™ 3 port
- Works on Mac and Windows computers
- Thunderbolt™ Certified
- Run resource demanding applications on 4K displays at 60Hz without draining system resources
- Backward compatible with lower resolutions like high-definition 1920x1200 and 1080p
- Use your Thunderbolt 3 computer to connect to a 5K display
- Design high-resolution, graphic-intensive content, such as CAD drawings and Photoshop graphic images
- Create and edit 4K video while using resource-intensive software
- Multitask by previewing your raw output content on a second 4K display
- Connect to different systems with 4K or 1080p displays for hot desking in BYOD office applications
- Use one screen for reference data such as websites, while composing 4K content on your other screen
- Span a spreadsheet or worksheet across multiple displays to avoid side-scrolling
- Access panoramic views that are built into software applications, while viewing helpful tutorial content on your laptop monitor
- Connect your MacBook Pro, Dell XPS or Dell Precision to two external DP monitors
- No external power adapter required
The StarTech.com Advantage
- High-quality cable construction ensures users get the most out of their Thunderbolt Device connections
- All StarTech.com Thunderbolt™ cables are backed by 2-year warranty
Connect two UHD 4K displays to your computer at 60Hz resolution
With an unprecedented 40Gbps of throughput, Thunderbolt 3 enables you to achieve the previously impossible feat of using a single port on your laptop to output dual 4K resolution at 60Hz to two independent displays. This performance enables you to run the most resource-demanding applications imaginable on two independent displays. You can output independent content to each display at resolutions of up to 4096 x 2160p (60Hz), which is perfect for editing 4K video or performing other Ultra HD tasks such as creating CAD drawings or reviewing medical imagery.
Connect a 5K display to your computer at 60 Hz resolution
For added versatility, the Thunderbolt™ 3 adapter can be used to connect two DisplayPort channels to a single 5K display. Using a Thunderbolt™ 3 adapter is the only way to connect a 5K display to computers that don't have multiple DP or Thunderbolt™ 3 ports, such as your Dell Precision 15 3000 Series workstation.
Supports dual 4K displays to work more efficiently
Functioning as an external 2-port graphics adapter with audio support, this is a compact and convenient alternative to a laptop dock when you don't need full docking capability.
With two UHD 4K displays, you can work more efficiently from your laptop, so you can accomplish more in the same amount of time. Plus, with each display delivering 4K performance, you can have four times the screen space compared to 1080p. Creative professionals can be more productive with the freedom to edit 4K video on one display while previewing raw video playback on the second 4K display.
Won't drain system resources
This adapter helps to keep your system running at peak performance. Unlike USB external video solutions, Thunderbolt™ 3 lets you run Ultra HD 4K resolution at 60Hz on both displays without draining system resources.
Because it's backward compatible with your high-definition 1080p displays, this is a great accessory for home, office or other desktop workspace applications.
The TB32DP2T is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8
- macOS® 10.12 - 10.13
|Product||Thunderbolt™ 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||40 Gbps|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||Dual monitor: 4K @ 60 Hz|
|Supported Resolutions||4096 x 2160
3840 x 2160
2560 x 1600
1920 x 1200
1920 x 1080
1280 x 720
|Connectors||1 x Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C (24-pin) Male input
2 x DisplayPort (20-pin) Latching Female output
|Cable Length||11.8" (300mm)|
|Dimensions (WxHxL)||60 x 15 x 110 mm (2.4" x 0.6" x 4.3")|
* The adapter can support 5120 × 2880 (5K) when both DP outputs are connected to a single monitor that supports 5K.
* The adapter will only function when connected to the Thunderbolt 3 port of your computer. If the port is a USB-C port that does not support Thunderbolt 3 the adapter will not function.