Average Rating: With 1 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Josh M. from Calgary writes:
- After doing exstensive shopping to find the right product that would fit my fairly new, small factor m71 lenovo computer (along with having to return a card) this card was the one to fit with but a couple millimeters to spare. Runs Farcry 3 at 1600 x 900 with the settings turned to 'high' with a solid 50 fps. The original manufacturer of the card, nVidia released the card as a 6.6" card. Gigabyte scaled the card down to 5.9' to give a perfect fit!
- As for compatibility, Lenovo states that the Lenovo V520S Desktop, which i bought here at Memory Express, only supports an 'upgrade' to the geforce Gtx 730; which is actually a downgrade from the Intel integrated 630 card that comes implemented into the board. Furthermore, the list of cards on the bios driver data sheet released by Lenovo, does not include the GT 1030 on the list. Well it still works and fits perfectly.
- As for the PSU draw, the GTX 730 draws 35 watts, and the GT 1030, while having substantially better graphics, only draws 30 watts; so actually works with the 180 watt power system from Lenovo. Finally, having viewed the cards from other manufactures, the Gigabyte card sports an anodized aluminum fan as opposed to the plastic fans of others, and has an overall sturdy feel to the card. Needless to say, I will be buying Gigabyte products for a long time to come.