5-Port USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Combo PCIe Card: 1x USB-C, 2x USB-A, 2x IDC (5Gbps)
Add a USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10Gbps) port to your computer, plus two USB Type-A ports, and two motherboard-style headers (5Gbps)
This 5-port USB 3.1 combo card makes it easy to add to the performance and connectivity of your computer. It's one of the only USB 3.1 cards to offer a USB Type-C™ port (10Gbps), traditional USB Type-A ports (5Gbps), and a motherboard header.
By offering a range of USB port types, you can easily connect a variety of modern and legacy USB devices, both inside and outside your computer.
Because the card offers a 10Gbps USB-C™ port (USB 3.1 Gen 2), you can save time and avoid the performance bottlenecks that are often associated with other connectivity technologies.
- Connect a USB-C device, plus a range of other USB devices, to your computer, regardless of their speed or connector type
- Offers a high-performance USB-C port (10Gbps), two USB-A ports (5Gbps), and two internal USB 3.0 motherboard headers (5Gbps)
- Works with your existing USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 devices, for cost-effective backward compatibility
- Compatible with high-powered USB devices, with an integrated SATA power connector
- Fits into full or low-profile systems, with its dual-profile design
- USB-C port is Thunderbolt 3 data port compatible (10Gbps data only)
- PCIe x4 interface compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 3.0
- Compliant with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Revision 1.0, as well as USB 3.1 Revision 1.0
- Fast, hassle-free setup
Note: The card does not support DP alt mode or USB Power Delivery.
Work Faster and Prepare for the Future
This versatile PCI Express combo card leverages the performance potential of USB 3.1 to help you work faster. The USB-C port offers a data throughput of up to 10Gbps, so you can spend less time waiting for file transfers to complete or for access to your external peripherals.
Plus, you can rest assured that you're set for the future, as USB-C devices become more popular and more standardized.
Connect Different Types of USB Devices
Now you can easily add a variety of types and speeds (generations) of USB ports to your desktop or server, using a single adapter card. The card features:
- One external USB-C port (USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10Gbps)
- Two external USB-A ports (USB 3.1 Gen 1 - 5Gbps)
- Two internal USB-A motherboard header ports (USB 3.1 Gen 1 - 5Gbps)
With a range of port types, the card lets you bridge the gap between older and newer devices that use different connectors. You can simultaneously connect and access USB Type-A and USB Type-C devices, while using only a single PCI Express expansion slot.
By adding three types of USB ports in one combo card, you can free up space in your PC case, and eliminate the nuisance of having different cards for different USB devices.
Ideal for Building or Upgrading Your Computer
With two internal motherboard-style headers, this dynamic USB 3.1 card is perfect for upgrading or building your own computer. If your existing headers are occupied, or if you don't have any motherboard headers, you can connect front panel hubs or card readers using this versatile alternative to costly motherboard or computer upgrades.
Connect Your Older USB Devices
Connecting your older peripherals isn't a problem. This 5-port USB 3.1 card is backward compatible with legacy USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices, so you can eliminate the added expense and aggravation of purchasing new devices. (USB 3.0 is also known USB 3.1 Gen 1).
The PEXUSB312EIC is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Server® 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Mac® OS 10.8 to 10.10, Yosemite
- Linux® 3.5
- For USB 3.0 speeds, the system must support USB 3.0 specifications
|Product||5-Port USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) PCI Express Combo Card|
|Standards||USB 3.1 Specification Rev. 1.0
USB Specification Rev. 2.0
PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 3.0
Intel xHCI Specification Rev. 1.1
UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) Rev. 1.0
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket included)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2: 10 Gbit/s
USB 3.0: 5 Gbit/s
|Connectors||1 x PCI Express x4 Male|
|External I/O||2 x USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female
1 x USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Female
|Internal I/O||2 x IDC (20 pin, USB 3.0, motherboard header) receptacle
1 x SATA power (15 pin) plug
USB 3.1 Gen 2
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
Mac OS® 10.8 to 10.10
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)
Storage: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
|Humidity||5% ~ 95% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Dimensions||120 x 79.3 x 18 mm (4.7" x 3.1" x 0.7")|
Note: The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps. PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps. PCI Express Gen 3.0 max throughput is 10Gbps.
PCI Express enabled computer or server with a PCI Express x4 slot or higher (x8, x16).
- StarTech 5-Port USB 3.1 PCIe Combo Card
- Low Profile Bracket
- Quick Start Guide