Average Rating: With 2 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Thank you Jebus
Andrew C from Calgary writes:
- Makes my old i7 feel like an i3! Its so Smooth in games, running at stock clocks, i got a stable ram oc of 3200mhz and everything is so snappy and quick, like i just do not have anything that makes it work, major overkill, but meh bought on-sale for the price of an i5 and will keep me happy for years to come!
- Current lack of aftermarket cooling is an issue. Luckily my service rep Paul knew of one (arctic freezer 33). Would be nice if for the time being AMD bit the bullet and gave up one of the 7 series coolers for it.
- I honestly have just wanted this thing, my older gen Intel's were refreshing after the failure of bulldozer, but I just find things about them annoying. So one grand-opening mega sale later I am back home, and very very very very very happy!!!!
Great bang for the buck! AMD is back.
Charles from Calgary writes:
- Overclock to 3.9GHz very easily. 6 cores 12 threads for this price is great Monster mutitasking and great at games Faster than my overclocked i7 2600k was Not one single crash Make sure you mate it with good DDR4 3200 RAM (Clock RAM to at least to 2667) Would buy again Cinebench single core score - 158 Cinebench multi core score - 1309
- Not quite as fast as the more expensive i7 7700k but within 10% in games.
- If you want to save a few bucks, get the non X 1600 and install it on a B350 board and use the included cooler and clock to 3.7 easily. It is as fast in games as a stock i7 7600k and twice as fast in production heavy workloads. Make sure you get them to Quick Mount it for you and they also update your motherboard BIOS so you don't have to. This thing likes fast RAM. G.Skill FlareX 3200 if you can get it. Otherwise any Hynx based memory rated for 3200 will run at either 2667 or 2933. Games run faster.