SkyHawk™ Surveillance Hard Drives – Smart, Safe, Secure.
Only Seagate has been making drives specifically for surveillance storage for ten years. SkyHawk™ is built to keep systems in the field longer and reduce the need for post-deployment support. Best fit for Network video recorders (NVR), Embedded surveillance DVRs (SDVR), Hybrid surveillance DVRs, Surveillance DVRs.
- ImagePerfect™ firmware - supports 24x7 surveillance-optimized workloads tuned to record ~90% of the time and play back video footage the remaining 10%, and supports more cameras recording at higher resolutions than traditional drives.
- Workload rating of 180TB/year - allows SkyHawk to perform reliably in write-intensive surveillance systems – 3x the workload rating of a desktop-class drive.
- NVR-ready design - allows drives to maintain performance in RAID and multi-drive systems, giving customers the flexibility to grow with the booming NVR market and scale their systems when more storage is needed.
- ATA streaming support - sustains recordings from up to 64 HD cameras for smooth, uninterrupted footage.
- 1M hours MTBF, 3-year limited warranty - represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with reduced maintenance costs.
- Lower power consumption - means a reduction in heat emissions, which improves reliability in surveillance solutions.
- Tarnish-resistant components - help protect drive from environmental elements, increasing field reliability.
See More. Store More.
Optimized for DVRs and NVRs, SkyHawk™ surveillance drives are tuned for 24x7 workloads in capacities up to 10TB. Equipped with enhanced ImagePerfect™ firmware, SkyHawk helps to minimize dropped frames and downtime with a workload rating 3x that of a desktop drive and IS ready to record up to 90% of the time while supporting up to 64 HD cameras.
SkyHawk Is Smart
The innovative ImagePerfect firmware enables smooth, clear video streaming for always-on, 24/7 surveillance environments – helping to ensure your business can always have a formidable layer of protection.
And SkyHawk Is Vigilant
- Built to record 90% of the time – supports up to 64 cameras
- 180TB/year workload rating, 3x the workload of a desktop drive and backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- NVR ready drives deliver robust drive design for multi-drive environments
- Protect your data against the unexpected with an optional +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan
1. HD video stream measured as a Mpeg-4 H.264 satellite and 30fps 2MP HD security or 10Mb/s
Give yourself the ultimate peace of mind with SkyHawk surveillance drives and never miss a frame, even in harsh environments. SkyHawk's extreme workload rating, low power consumption and NVR ready design can improve long-term drive reliability. SkyHawk can also reliably perform in operating temperatures–from 0°C to 70°C–while tarnish-resistant components offer further protection out in the field.
Soar Higher and Longer
SkyHawk is built to scale with your needs and reliably performs in multi-drive systems. Multi-drive surveillance systems can rely on the SkyHawk's RAID-optimized hardware, keeping drives and systems in the field longer.
- NVR ready design enables reliable performance in DVR and NVR systems with 8+ drives
- Robust drive design in a RAID environment maintains drive performance by improving vibration tolerance
Stay Secure and Be Prepared
Be prepared for the unthinkable with a 3-year Seagate +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan. Under the protective wing of SkyHawk, vandalism, viruses and accidents are no longer the end of the world.
- Fast and easy recovery process–data can often be restored in 15 days or less
- Seagate leads the industry in data recovery with a 90% success rate
|Form Factor||3.5" HDD|
|Number of Drive Bays Supported||8+|
|Spindle Speed||7,200 RPM|
|Error Recovery Control||Yes|
|Max Sustained Data Transfer Rate OD Read||210 MB/s|
|I/O data-transfer rate, Max||600 MB/s|
|Discs / Heads||6 / 12|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 per 10E15|
|Power-On Hours (per year)||8,760|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)||180 TB/year|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||1 million hours|
|Rescue Service Available||Yes|
|Contact Start/Stop Cycles||N/A|
|Power Consumption||Startup Current, Typical (12V,A): 2.0
Operating Mode, Average : 9 W
Idle Average: 7.6 W
Standby Mode: 0.6 W
Sleep Mode: 0.6 W
|Voltage Tolerance (5V)||± 5%|
|Voltage Tolerance (12V)||± 10%|
|Temperature||Operating (ambient, min.): 0 °C
Operating (drive case, max.): 70 °C
Non-operating (ambient, min.): -40 °C
|Shock, Operating/Nonoperating: 2ms (max, Gs)||80/300|
|Acoustics (Idle / Operating)||2.7 / 2.8 bels|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.01" x 1.03" x 5.79"
101.85 x 26.11 x 146.99 mm
|Weight||780g (1.72 lb)|