Startech USB to M.2 SATA Converter for Raspberry Pi and Development Boards
USB to M.2 SATA Converter for Raspberry Pi and Development Boards
Connect an M.2 SATA drive to your development board, to increase data storage capacity
Increase the data storage capacity of your Raspberry Pi or other development board, by connecting it directly to an M.2 NGFF SATA SSD. Perfect for custom projects and applications, this USB to M.2 SATA converter supports all models of Raspberry Pi as well as other development boards.
- Add an M.2 SATA SSD drive to your Raspberry Pi development board to increase data storage
- M.2 SATA drives (including 2230, 2242, 2260 and 2280 drive heights)
- USB 2.0 with data transfer speeds up to 480Mbps
- OS independent with no device driver installation required
- Includes USB cable and mounting accessories for Raspberry Pi
- Increase data storage for Raspberry Pi and other development boards to create custom applications
- Develop solutions for business applications such as surveillance, media applications such as news boards, simple servers to host a website or video, and IoT/automation solutions such as lighting and temperature control
- Create custom development-board based applications for home use
Add Storage Capacity to Your Development Board
This convenient USB 2.0 to M.2 SATA converter lets you overcome data storage limitations of your development board by enabling you to connect an M.2 SATA drive through your board’s USB-A port.
A Convenient Integrated Solution
The USB to M.2 SATA converter integrates seamlessly with your existing development board. It's the perfect addition for development-board based applications such as surveillance, media players and servers, digital signage and IoT/automation solutions. It enables you to utilize your M.2 SATA drives with your dev board, and take advantage of the small form factor of M.2 SATA which makes it ideal for applications with space limitations.
Easy to install
Compatible with M.2 SATA drives (2230, 2242, 2260, and 2280), the converter is easy to install and doesn't require any device driver installation. It comes with a USB cable and all mounting accessories, including standoffs, so integrating it with your Raspberry Pi is fast and easy.
StarTech.com provides industry-leading support to get you up and running quickly. The PIB2M21 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Note: This converter works with M.2 SATA SSDs only. To see which type of M.2 drive you have, simply look at the number of notches (or keys) on the drive end that connects with the M.2 socket. SATA-based M.2 drives have two notches (an M key and a B key), while PCIe-based M.2 drives have just one notch (an M key).
|Product||USB to M.2 SATA Converter|
|Connectors||Drive connector: 1x M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF)
Host connector: 1x USB Micro-B (5 pin)
Other interface: 1x USB Micro-B (5 pin) (Power)
|Chipset ID||Renesas/NEC - µPD720231A|
|Compatible Drive Types||M.2 (SATA, B-Key, NGFF)|
|Drive Size||22m - M.2 NGFF|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Type and Rate||USB 2.0 - 480 Mbit/s
SATA III (6 Gbps)
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||480 Mbps|
|LED Indicators||1 x Activity|
|Temperature||Operating: 5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)
Storage: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
|Certifications||CE, FCC, RoHS compliant|
|Dimensions (WxHxL)||2.2" x 0.4" x 3.5" (56 x 11 x 88 mm)|
- StarTech USB to M.2 SATA Converter
- USB-A to Micro-B Cable
- Set of Converter-mounting Hardware
- Set of Drive-mounting Hardware
- Quick Start Guide