Average Rating: With 3 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Awesome CPU - Hit 3.8GHZ and paired with 3200MHZ ram - no problem!
Kent from Calgary writes:
- You get 8 physical cores and 16 threads! This thing is a beast! The X version is binned (selected) on voltage thresholds. So a 1700X can handle certain clock speeds at a lower CPU voltage than a 1700. Great price
- There is still some compatibility issues with motherboards and memory but those have been ironed out mostly - but expect to read up a bit on your motherboard and RAM choice! Get Flare X if you don't want to read up on compatibility issues or motherboard QVL list.
- I hit 3.8GHZ and 3200mhz ram speed with tight CL14-14-14-36 timings on very low voltages (1.35 CPU and 1.15 SoC). I'm using the BIOS 1201 from ASUS. Can hit 4.0++ with more Voltage This thing destroys anything I throw at it and it's running really cool ( 45.5C) with air. Throwing heavy workloads at it! Unreal Engine development, Visual Studio, Music, and encoding just for the sake of it - RYZEN DELIVERS! If you need to stream, multi task, game, or just for productivity - RYZEN is the answer
Jason from Winnipeg writes:
- -8 Cores / 6 Threads just demolish any multi threaded tasks you throw at it -a pain to overclock and run stable (should be fixed as new bios versions come out) -awesome price-to-power ratio
- -the 1800X and 1700X seem to handle DDR4-3200 RAM poorly compared to the 1700. currently only able to run ram at 2933 (TridentZ RGB, 3200, cas 14, b-die, single rank, 8x2 kit) while others who have a 1700 are able to run at 3200 no problem -there's an offset of ~20C for the 1700X and 1800X (minus 20C from CPU temp to get your actual temperature) -1700 is a better deal
- -get the 1700 non X version. its cheaper, draws less power, outputs less head, comes with a cool RGB cooler, apparently has a better memory controller (personal anecdotal observations) -if you wanna know what it feels like to be playing an AAA game on ultra settings, have 50 tabs open on chrome, listening to music and streaming, then this is the chip for you
Grant from S.E. writes:
- Really fast multi thread applications. Great in games,not sure what all the hype is about, games work great.
- None so far. Really enjoying it with new Intel 600 n.2 drive.
- Great upgrade. Runs great on ASUS-x370 board, also bought at MemX. Great service as usual...