Average Rating: With 2 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Great with some flaws
David from Winnipeg writes:
- - Great audio - Easy setup - Multi-device capability - Comfortable ear pads - Great battery life - "Professional Mic" is decent at best but still great entry level if you have nothing yet.
- - Audio dials for comms/desktop and main volume are in a bad spot that can be adjusted easily. Experienced this most commonly wearing a sweater with hood rubbing against dials - USB wireless connector 3.5mm desktop speaker inputs are inset so if you have a larger speaker cable it does't fit / have to force it.
- Over all great headset. I upgrade from a wired 3.5mm SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset to these and am extremely happy. Have used for over 36+ hours of gaming since purchase and only issues I have faced are with the dials controlling master volume and comm/desktop mix but it's not a deal breaker. My recommendation to Steelseries would to make these dials have a lock feature or make them a click to engage feature to prevent it in the future.
Performance Issues Hold these Headsets Back
Nick from Edmonton Alberta writes:
- + Probably the most comfortable headset on the market + Crisp quality audio + Long battery life + Physical quality is great; not too heavy and feels great to hold and have on the head
- - Software performance issues - Occasional hanging of Windows explorer from these headsets - Connection issues occur after rebooting - Contacted SteelSeries customer support and the agent wasn't very helpful. Three months went by after sending them the logs they wanted and still nothing. - Windows can't recognize headsets after reboot (Needs reset)
- I want to love these headsets and it's too bad that just one problem hold them back because when these headsets are working they are amazing. However, for the asking price, there is absolutely no excuse for these performance issues, and even worse their poor customer service tells me that SS doesn't care. I can't and won't recommend these for someone looking to put this kind of money down. If you're looking for wireless headsets, do not look at the Arctis 7.