Stream Music You Love from your Smart Devices to your Speakers
What is Chromecast Audio?
Chromecast Audio is a wireless media streaming device that lets you stream digital audio from Computers, Laptops, SmartPhones, Tablets and some Media Players. It plugs into a 3.5mm audio in jack on your Powered Speakers or Stereo System. It receives and plays your Music or Audio Podcasts via Dual Band Wi-Fi 802.11 ac.
Simply use your Mobile Smart Device or Computer and Speakers you may already own to "cast" your favourite Music, Podcasts, Audio Books and more. It is easy to use and easy to share your favorite audio clips with friends.
Chromecast Compatible Hardware
Of course Chromecast Audio works with Android Smart Phones and Tablets as well as other popular Smart Devices like the iPhone® and iPad® Smart Devices. You can also Chromecast Audio from your Mac® and Windows® Desktop PCs and Laptops via Wi-Fi directly (if equiped) or through your existing wireless router to anywhere in your home.
- Play music everywhere with multi-room
Multi-room lets you group together speakers connected to Chromecast Audio devices so that you can listen to the same song on multiple speakers throughout your home without any extra effort
- Your Smart Device is the Remote
Use your phone, tablet or laptop to play, pause and adjust the volume. Just tap the cast button in your music apps to hear them on your speaker.1
Chromecast Audio works with Android devices, iPhone® and iPad®, plus Chromebook, Mac® and Windows® laptops2
- Your favourites on your best speaker
Use the apps you love, such as Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and Google Play Music with Chromecast Audio. Listen to your favourites and discover new ones from the millions of songs, podcasts and stations available3
- Smooth Streaming over Wi-Fi
Chromecast Audio supports lossless high-resolution audio, which is even better than CD-quality sound. Plus, your music streams from the cloud over Wi-Fi, so you get continuous sound over your speaker, even if you leave the room with your device
Setup is as Easy as 1, 2, 4
- Plug Chromecast Audio into the power source, then the AUX input on your speaker
- Download the Google Home app and follow the instructions. Connect Chromecast Audio to your home Wi-Fi network
- Pick a tune to play from a cast-enabled audio app, then tap the cast button
Now, your music now plays on your favourite speakers, and your Smart Device is your Remote Control with Volume and Track Controls.
Home Theatre, Stereo Receiver or Powered Speaker System with one of these inputs:
- Aux Input port
- Line In port(s)
- RCA Input(s)
- Optical Input
Comes with 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable. RCA and Optical Adapter Cables not included.
Supported Device Operating Systems:
- Android 4.1+
- iOS 7.0+
- Mac OS X 10.7+
- Windows 7+
Note: Requires a Wi-Fi Network for Computer, Laptop and Media Player access. Works out of the box with Wi-Fi-enabled Smart Devices.
|Make and Model||Google Chromecast Audio|
|Wi-Fi||Dual Band 802.11ac|
|Audio Quality||24bit / 96KHz Sample rate|
|I/O Port||1x 3.5mm Stereo Audio port|
|Power||AC Power Adapter (included)
Output: 5Vdc @ 1A, 5W via MicroUSB cable
- Not all speakers are compatible with Chromecast Audio. Speaker systems with either aux/line, RCA or optical input required.
- Performance of certain Chromecast Audio features, services and applications depends on the device that you use with Chromecast Audio and your Internet connection. Certain Chromecast Audio features, services and applications may not be available in all areas. Chromecast Audio is compatible with Wi-Fi-enabled Android 4.1+ smartphones and tablets; iOS 7.0+ iPhone, iPad and iPod; Chrome for Mac® and Chrome for Windows®; and Chrome OS.
- Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
- Google Chromecast Audio, Black
- AC Power Adaptor
- USB Power Cable
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable