Accelerate Performance w/ 7th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
All new performance. All new experiences. An all new computer.
Are you amazed by the things you can do with your computer? If you bought your computer more than a handful of years ago, you're missing more than you know – uncompromised gaming, while you stream, chat and share with your community – stunning visuals of Ultra HD 4K HDR premium content – transport into a great VR experience. With premium performance and new & enhanced features, a desktop computer based on a 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processor is always ready for real -life productivity, creativity and entertainment. With a range of smart, stylish designs and sizes, there is a 7th Gen Intel Core processor -powered desktop computer to fit a wide range of budgets and needs.
PERFORMANCE TO EXCITE
Leading the pack is the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K processor. Architected for performance, this processor packs 4 high-performing cores with core base frequency of 4.2GHz and 8MB of cache memory. Kick up the performance even higher with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 to bump the max turbo frequency to an amazing 4.5GHz. Add Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology for 8-way multitasking to deliver the performance knockout punch. Not enough? For the enthusiast, this processor is unlocked, you can tweak the performance to its fullest potential.
The new 7th Gen Intel Core desktop processors deliver:
- Intel® Optane™ memory with intelligent software provides performance improvements as well as fast app response times for system acceleration and responsiveness.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 on Intel Core i7 and i5 processors to give that extra burst of performance when you need it.
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology allows each processor core to work on two tasks at the same time, improving multitasking, speeding up the workflow, and accomplishing more in less time.
- Extends DDR4 RAM memory technology in the mainstream, allowing systems to have up to 64GB of memory and high transfer speeds at low power compared to DDR3 (DDR4 -2400 MT/s @ 1.2V vs DDR3 -1600 MT/s @ 1.5V).
- Enhanced full range base -clock settings that provide more control, more granularity for overclocking 4 your platform - when paired with the Intel® Z270 chipset, that also allows you to tune key aspects of your system including cores, power and memory.
EXPERIENCE TO AMAZE
7th Gen Intel Core processor -based desktop PCs are packed with new and enhanced features to deliver amazing experiences that a 5 -year old PC can't handle.
Great VR experiences involve the entire platform – not just any one component. Processor, graphics, I/O connectivity, display, audio, are all involved. A high -performance processor is key to achieving a balanced platform to make a VR experience great. Attach your premium HMD to an Intel Core i7 or Core i5-based computer and prepare to be amazed.
Gaming experience today extends beyond smooth gameplay. Gaming today is about you and your community. Share your experience by live -streaming or recording, editing and posting your epic highlights. To be at your best, you need the best performance PC, powered by the Intel Core i7 processor that lets you live the ultimate gaming experience.
To play premium movie streams in stunning Ultra HD 4K, you'll need a computer that supports the latest media technologies. Desktop computers based on the 7th Gen Intel Core processor can support the latest media technologies required to enjoy premium high -quality content:
- HEVC 10- bit encode/decode, VP9 10 -bit decode for:
- Smooth streaming of premium 4K entertainment
- Full- size screen, immersive viewing experiences with 4K video and 360 ̊ viewing
- Incredible 4K video creation to share with ease
- Support for Rec.2020, delivering wide color gamut ( WCG ) for lifelike, deeper color
- Watch 4K HDR movies with Ultra HD Blu -ray for brilliant clarity and luminance
- Intel® Quick Sync Video technology accelerates most video capabilities, allowing users to create and share in real time and multitask without interruption.
HARDWARE -BASED FEATURES MITIGATE THREATS
7th Gen Intel Core processors offer hardware -level security features that strengthen the protection of your enabled security software. Hardware -based security to help you compute with greater peace of mind. Security features include:
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) that help applications protect your system and your data.
- Intel® Memory Protection Extensions help protect application's run time integrity.
- Intel® Device Protection Technology with BIOS Guard and Intel® Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard help protect your system during boot.
- Intel® Platform Trust Technology provides a critical component to help in protecting your system boot integrity.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2): Provides optimized instructions to deliver enhanced performance on floating point–intensive apps, adding 256-bit integer instructions and new instructions for fused multiply add (FMA), which delivers better performance on media and floating-point computations.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology6 2.0: Dynamically increases the processor's frequency, as needed, by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits.
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology: Delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly threaded applications can get more work done in parallel, completing tasks sooner.
- Faster memory performance: Offers new DDR4 memory support, including new support for DDR4 1.2V up to 2133, 64GB max capacity with 8GB density.
- HSIO: Increases flexibility from 18 to 26 total HSIO ports,7 from up to eight PCIe* 2.0 to 20 PCIe 3.0 ports,7 and from up to six USB 3.0 to 10 USB 3.0 ports.7
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology: Provides performance improvements as well as fast app response times for system acceleration and responsiveness
Intel® Built-in Visuals
- NEW Accelerated 4K hardware media codecs: Enhances high-density streaming applications and optimized 4K videoconferencing with HEVC (10-bit), VP8, VP9, and VDENC encoding, decoding, and transcoding.
- NEW 4K Ultra HD support: Provides stunning display resolutions,8 now up to 4096 x 2304 pixels, and supports performance across three independent displays with audio.
- Gen9 graphics: Supports the latest graphics APIs DirectX* 12 and OpenGL* 4.5 for improved 3D rendering performance at low power.
- Intel® HD Graphics: Plays HD video with exceptional clarity; permits viewing and editing of even the smallest image details.
- Intel® Quick Sync Video: Delivers excellent videoconferencing capability, fast video conversion, and fast video editing and authoring.
- Multiplane overlay: Enables faster, smoother, higher-quality video playback and improved 3D graphics.
- Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI): Helps provide security for a variety of encryption apps, including whole-disk encryption, file-storage encryption, conditional access of HD content, Internet use, and VoIP. Consumers benefit from more protected Internet and email content, plus fast, responsive disk encryption.
- Intel® Device Protection Technology with BIOS Guard: Intel BIOS Guard is an augmentation of existing chipset -based BIOS flash protection capabilities targeted to address the increasing malware threat to BIOS flash storage.
- Intel® Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard: Hardware -based boot integrity protection that helps prevent unauthorized software and malware takeover of boot blocks critical to a system's function, thus providing added level of platform security based on hardware.
- Intel® OS Guard: A hardware -based security feature that protects the OS (operating system) kernel. OS Guard helps prevent use of malicious data or attack code located in areas of memory marked as user mode pages from taking over or compromising the OS kernel. OS Guard is not application -specific and protects the kernel from any application.
- Intel® Platform Trust Technology: A trusted element of the platform execution that provides enhanced security by verifying the boot portion of the boot sequence.
- Intel® Secure Key: Generates high-quality keys for cryptographic (encryption and decryption) protocols, and provides quality entropy that is highly sought after for added security.
- VMCS Shadowing: VMCS shadowing allows a Virtual Machine Manager ( VMM ) running in a guest (nested virtualization) to access a shadow VMCS memory area using the normal VMRead /VMWrite instructions.
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology: Help protect your one -time -password (OTP) credentials and PKI certificates and add a layer of encrypted second -factor authentication for online transactions.
- Integrated Memory Controller: Supports DDR4 and offers stunning memory read/write performance through efficient prefetching algorithms, lower latency, and higher-memory bandwidth, when compared to previous generations.
- Intel® Smart Cache: Dynamically allocates shared cache to each processor core, based on workload, reducing latency and improving performance.
- Intel® Power Optimization and processor C-states: Increases periods of silicon sleep state across the platform ingredients—including the CPU, chipset, and third-party system components—to reduce power.
- PCI Express* 3.0 Interface: Offers up to 8 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 16 lanes.7 PCI Express ports can be configured as x1, x2, x4, x8, and x16 depending on motherboard designs.
- Intel® Ready Mode Technology: Improves OS boot time and wakes up from deep sleep state more quickly than previous generations for better system responsiveness.
|Model Number||7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700K|
|Number of Cores||4|
|Number of Threads||8|
|Clock Speed||4.2 GHz|
|Max Turbo Frequency||4.5 GHz|
|Total Cache||8 MB|
DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V
|ECC Memory Supported||No|
|Integrated Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 630|
|Base Frequency||350 MHz|
|Dynamic Frequency||1150 MHz|
|Max Video Memory||64 GB|
|4K Support||Yes, at 60Hz|
|Max Resolution||HDMI 1.4: 4096x2304@24Hz
|Intel® Quick Sync Video||Yes|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology||Yes|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology||Yes|
|Intel® Clear Video Technology||Yes|
|# of Displays Supported||3|
|PCI Express Revision||3.0|
|Max # of PCI Express Lanes||16|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology||Yes|
|Intel® vPro™ Technology||No|
|Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology||Yes|
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)||Yes|
|Instruction Set Extensions||SSE4.1/4.2, AVX 2.0|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology||Yes|
|Intel® AES New Instructions||Yes|
|Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)||Yes|
|Intel® Memory Protection Extensions (Intel® MPX)||Yes|
|Trusted Execution Technology||N/A|
|Intel® Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard||Yes|
|Thermal Solution||None (Sold Separately)|
|Thermal Design Power||91 W|
- Intel technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No computer system can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at intel. com.
- Up to 28% better performance vs. 3-year-old desktop PC. As measured by SYSmark* 2014 on Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor (Configuration details: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor, PL1=91W TDP, 4C8T, Turbo up to 4.5GHz, Motherboard: Z270, Graphics: NVIDIA* GTX 1080, Memory: 2x4GB LPDDR4-2400, Storage: Intel SSD, OS: Windows* 10 Build 1607) vs. Intel® Core™ i7-4770K Processor (Configuration details: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K Processor, PL1=84W TDP, 4C8T, Turbo up to 3.9GHz, Motherboard: H97, Graphics: NVIDIA* GTX 1080, Memory: 2x4GB, DDR3-1600, Storage: Intel SSD, OS: Windows* 10 Build 1607).
- Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details. visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html.
- Measured by Intel on systems with Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7700 and Intel® Core™ Processor i7-6700 using 3DMark11*. See system configurations below.
- Based on industry-standard cooling solutions. Actual TDP may vary.
- Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your system manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
- Actual number of ports available may vary by processor number and system configuration. Please refer to the specifications corresponding to the processor number of interest or consult your system vendor for more information.
- On eDP/DP at 24bpp and 60Hz.