Windows Server 2016 5x Device CALS
Every User or Device accessing Windows® Server Standard or Datacenter requires a CAL (Client Access License).
This MS Server License allows for up to 5 Devices to access Windows® Server 2016, 2012 or 2008.
After the General Availability of Windows Server 2016, the business model for Standard and Datacenter editions will transition from processor based to core based licensing.
Core-based licensing provides a more consistent licensing metric across multi-cloud environments, improves workload portability for Windows Server with benefits like Azure Hybrid Use Benefit, helping remove friction across various licensing models.
- Protect your virtual machines; use the unique Shielded Virtual Machines
- Help secure admin credentials
- Protect the operating system
- Improve ability to detect attacks
- Isolate apps; help protect container-based apps with Hyper-V containers
- Trust your workloads to an enterprise-class hypervisor
- Reduce datacenter footprint
- Deploy apps on multiple OS's with best-in-class support for Linux on Hyper-V
- Automate server management
- Control Windows servers from anywhere using Server management tools
- Create affordable business continuity
- Prioritize storage resources
- This 5 Device CAL allows 5 Devices to access Server 2016, 2012 or 2008.