Average Rating: With 4 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
Lok from Calgary writes:
- Works as expected - if the USB cable fits all the way in
- The HDD adapter board is connected to the cover with weak glue that ended up not holding them together, and thus, with the adapter not right up to the cover openings, the USB cable cannot fit all the way in and the HDD cannot be accessed.
Great, but lacks information
Tyler from Edmonton writes:
- Works as advertised
- Not much guidance for installation. You will find an information sheet in the box, but it will not explain how to use the plastic sheet and the tiny adhesive foam piece. It may be common sense for some people like me, but not for others. Here is what you do: the case is enclosed at one end, remove that end by sticking the screwdriver into the holes on the sides,insert the plastic piece inside, it needs to stick inside the case to prevent the hard drive from shorting out, make sure that when you insert the hard drive into the enclosure that the circuitry is covered entirely by the plastic sheet. Stick the tiny foam piece on the plastic end that you remove from the beginning.
Great price, does its job well.
Terry J from Edmonton, AB writes:
- I needed to check an SSD that would no longer boot. Plugged it into my laptops USB 2.0, and there were all my files! I wasn't totally sure it would work, but for only $15 I figured I'd try it.
- None really, sure the read LED it bright but at least you know it's there.
- Easily turn any 2.5in drive into an exterial drive. Or just use the SATA to USB adaptor for testing drives.
Steve from Crowsnest Pass writes:
- HDDs Stay cool, nice design, nice length USB Cord (not too long or short), fast transfer speeds, vinyl protective cover for case. Price.
- Bright LED
- All in all very good enclosure for the price. mine has been running for a week straight 24/7 on my router for video storage/streaming. fast read/write speeds, HDDs stay surprisingly cool, The LED is quite bright but a piece of tape will fix that quick. I have three of them in use with 750GB 7200 rpm HDDs with no problems at all. I Highly Recommend These Enclosures