The SilverStone ECU05 is an inexpensive PCI-E 2.0 x2 expansion card with (reversible) USB 3.1 Type-C and USB 3.0 ports.
The single USB 3.1 Type-C port is capable of fully utilizing PCI-E 2.0 x2 slot for up to 10Gbps bandwidth, which is twice the USB 3.0 performance for offering excellent stability when multiple external USB devices are in use simultaneously. It also charges at 3A / 15W, making it compatible with modern high end SmartPhones w/ USB Type-C ports.
ECU05 also has additional two external USB 3.0 Type-A ports and an internal 19pin USB 3.0 connector to provide your system with five total added USB ports.
For fast charging on USB 3.0 ports, one of the Type-A ports (black) meets USB Battery Charging (BC) 1.2 standard to deliver quick and safe charging to your mobile devices at1.5A / 7.5W.
Finally, the ECU05 supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) for enhanced performance, so operating systems with XHCI (eXtensible Host Controller Interface) can easily detect and install ECU05 without the need for any drivers.
- 1x USB 3.1 Type-C port for 3A / 15W charging and 10Gbps data transfers
- This Internal USB 3.0 connector uses an optional cable, making 2x USB 3.0 Type A ports
- Dedicated USB 3.0 BC v1.2 compliant charging port (1.5A / 7.5W)
- Supports throughput up to 10Gbps on a PCI-E 2.0 x2 slot
- Compliant with XHCI specification Rev 1.1 & UASP Rev 1.0
- Includes optional low profile slot cover for supporting low profile cases
- Windows® Operating Systems
- Computers on Windows® 7 or earlier need to download this driver first.
- Mac OS, Linux & Ubuntu
- Mac OS, Linux & Ubuntu users with computers that support XHCI do not need to install a driver.
- CD-ROM, DVD or Blu-Ray Drive
- Available PCI Express 2.0 x2 slot or higher
- Available 15-pin SATA power connector
|Physical Interface||PCI Express 2.0 x2 slot|
|Ports||ASMedia ASM1142 Chipset:
1x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 port w/ 10Gbps & 15W charging
1x USB 3.0 Type-A port w/5Gbps & 7.5W charging
1x USB 3.0 Type-A port w/ 5Gbps, no charging
1x 19pin internal connector for up to 2x USB 3.0 ports
Internal connector requires optional 19-pin USB Adapter Cable
|Data Rates||USB 3.1 Gen 2: 10 Gbps
USB 3.0 SuperSpeed: 5 Gbps
USB 2.0 High Speed: 480 Mbps
USB 1.1 Full Speed: 12 Mbps
|Standards||USB spec version 3.1 Gen 2
USB spec version 3.0
USB spec version 2.0
USB spec version 1.1 1
|Power||Uses 15-pin SATA power connector|
- SilverStone 3-Port USB 3.1 PCI Express Card, EC05
- Low-Profile Bracket
- CD-ROM with:
- Windows Drivers and User Manual