IronWolf™ – The Power of Agility for Home, SOHO and SMB NAS enclosures
IronWolf™ is designed for everything NAS. Get used to tough, ready and scalable 24x7 performance that can handle multi-drive environments with a wide range of capacities.
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray™. AgileArray is built for dual-plane balancing and RAID optimization in multi-bay environments with the most advanced power management possible.
- High performance means no lag times or downtime for users during high traffic time for the NAS. Seagate leads the competition with the highest performance in NAS-class drives.1
- Get ahead with more cache. IronWolf provides high-cache options allowing your NAS to serve data faster.
- Do more with multi-user technology. Enables user workload rate of 180TB/year. Multiple users can con dently upload and download data to the NAS server, knowing it can handle the workload, whether you're a creative professional or small business.
- Designed for always on, always accessible 24x7 performance. Access your data on your NAS any time, remotely or on site.
- 1M hours MTBF, 3-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with reduced maintenance costs.
Tough. Ready. Scalable.
For everything NAS, there's IronWolf. Always on and always working, IronWolf is enhanced with AgileArray™ technology for optimal reliability and system agility. Multi-user technology and extreme workload rates allow IronWolf to perform and scale up with your enterprise.
AgileArray and the Power of IronWolf for Your NAS
IronWolf is built with AgileArray. NAS-optimized for the best NAS experience possible, AgileArray focuses on drive balance, RAID optimization and power management.
- Dual-plane balance and Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors mitigate vibration in multi-bay NAS enclosures for consistent performance and reliability
- RAID optimization increases performance and reliability with error recovery control for better data integrity
- Advanced power management saves energy and delivers power when the NAS needs it most
Do More With Multi-User Technology
Do more with your NAS with multi-user technology. Enabling user workloads of up to 180TB/year on IronWolf, multiple users can confidently upload and download data to a NAS server. Whether you're a creative pro or a small business, IronWolf is on your side.
Be Creative Anywhere With IronWolf™ and Your NAS
Extensible and reliable storage helps keep you and your creative business on schedule. IronWolf is a great companion for your NAS for 24x7 remote access, backups and file sharing from anywhere, making sharing ideas easy. For growing agencies and the need for more storage, IronWolf is built to address NAS scalability challenges.
Protect Your Drive
When you purchase and register an IronWolf drive, a Rescue Recovery Data Plan is included for 3 years. You'll have access to a global team of world-class data recovery experts in case of unexpected data loss.*
Grow Your Business NAS
A thriving small business needs storage that can thrive with it. IronWolf is optimized for NAS in multi-RAID environments that not only handle the vibration, but also handle the high user workload rate in a high data traffic network. Enter Multi-User Technology -- providing up to 180TB a year for IronWolf.
Game More With IronWolf Equipped NAS
Modern gaming consoles do double duty as home media servers, but limited storage makes keeping every file locally-stored a challenge. Gamers can move music and videos to a NAS equipped with IronWolf and use it as a storage target for media streaming. Get the most out of your console. With capacities ranging from 1TB to 10TB, you'll be able to stream all the content you want from your NAS to your game console, and be able to view it on your high definition TV.
Dominate The Media
Build your home NAS media empire with IronWolf HDDs. IronWolf leads the class in storage capacity with drives as large as 10TB, and the performance needed to run high definition content with your NAS. Store thousands of full-length HD films and even more photographs on your private server. Think of it as your home cloud.
|Product||Seagate 2TB IronWolf NAS HDD|
|Form Factor||3.5" HDD|
|Number of Drive Bays Supported||1 to 8|
|Spindle Speed||5,900 RPM|
|Rotational Vibration (RV) Sensors||No|
|Error Recovery Control||Yes|
|Max Sustained Data Transfer Rate OD Read||180 MB/s|
|I/O data-transfer rate, Max||600 MB/s|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 per 10E14|
|Power-On Hours (per year)||8,760|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)||180 TB/year|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||1 million hours|
|Rescue Service Available||Yes|
|Contact Start/Stop Cycles||N/A|
|Power Consumption||Startup Current, Typical (12V,A): 2.0
Operating Mode, Average : 5.0 W
Idle Average: 3.7 W
Standby Mode: 0.8 W
Sleep Mode: 0.8 W
|Voltage Tolerance (5V)||± 5%|
|Voltage Tolerance (12V)||± 10%|
|Temperature||Operating (ambient min.): 5 °C
Operating (drive case max.): 70 °C
Nonoperating (ambient): -40 to 70 °C
|Shock, 2ms (max, Gs)||Operating: 80 G
Non-operating: 300 G
|Acoustics||Idle: 1.9 bels
Operating: 2.1 bels
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||1.028 x 4.01 x 5.787 inches
26.11 x 101.6 x 146.99 mm
|Weight||535g (1.18 lb)|
1. Performance may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.