Average Rating: With 7 Customer Reviews
- Please keep your review to your experiences with the product and how well it performs.
- Please use appropriate language that is suitable for all ages.
Your review has been submitted successfully
Before your review is posted on our site it must first be approved by one of our editors, this usually takes 3-4 business days.
best of the best
Ray from Edmonton writes:
- fast, cool, nice looking, what else can I ask for?
- the most expensive 1070 out there
- you are paying a little bit extra $$$ for the light and brand
Boosts to 1987 MHz out of the box!
Trevor from Lethbridge writes:
- Fantastic build quality. Ridiculously quiet. No coil whine. Way above advertised boost speed.
- It's big.
- Very pleased with this purchase. I game at 1440p 165Hz, so I needed more GPU power. The two main FPS games I've been playing lately are Doom and Toxikk (both are awesome btw). I am over 100 fps avg, with maxed settings. I was amazed that GPU Boost automatically pushes the card to 1987 MHz out of the box, running at 52 degrees! I have not tried to OC this unit. Running Unigine Valley Benchmark, it boosted to 2037 MHz, then to 2062 MHz! amazing.
Strix 1070 OC8
User1 from Calgary writes:
- Awesome card, runs great. Excellent frame rates. LEDs are bright. My rig is 5 years old (i7 2600k @4.7ghz, SLI 2.0 mobo), card works just fine.
- A bit pricey My first card had a fan controller issue. Fans would spin up to 100% (loud) and never back down. Took it back and the replacement works great. Runs quiet even on full load (fans go to ~50%). Card is long, it barely fit into my Antec 990. Had to move a drive/fan cage to accommodate it. LED options are minimal, but not a big deal.
- I upgraded from 2x GTX660ti SLI to single 1070. Money well spent. Deus Ex MD runs like a dream. DX12 support will be added to the game next week - I'm ready!
Kyle from Spruce Grove writes:
- -Quiet with custom fan settings -Clock is higher than specs at times -Very nice looking! -LED options are great looking if you are into that -Great card with sound dampening cases.
- -Idle temperatures and noise can be quite troublesome at times. With the 0db mode activated, idle temperatures rise but still stay at a decent temperature. -The extra size / fan may not be worth it compared to some other 1070 cards out there as it runs close to the same as other cards but the overclocking may be at an advantage with the extra fan.
- This card is great, fast and reliable; I ordered it and it came in fast!
1070 Gtx oc edition
Job from Edmonton writes:
- Just upgraded from a twin frozer 660ti msi 2gb video card, old card really started to slow down in games like Doom and Witcher 3, so thats when i made the discussion to buy the 1070 card, the first game i stared playing was Doom to test the bench mark of the new card and it performed awesome on Doom 3 max settings, I was getting 75fps the card got up the 52c. I did over clock the card to 2,050MHz where it runs really smooth not a lot of noise really, quiet actually. Really surprised by how easy it was to push it.
- So far no issues at all, it did crash once when i had it pushed as far as 2,245MHz temperature got up around 58.c thats when i bumped it down to 2,050MHz where it runs super smooth.
- Just pure awesomeness comes from this card. If you want the best go with republic of gamers, just remember to measure your case cause this card measures almost 12 inches long. It just fit in to my antec 900 Case, had to turn the card side ways to get it in then line it up. My setup is a 2011 cpu at 3.60GHz, asus motherboard x79 gene, 32 GB of 1866 Ripsaw RAM, Kingston Ssd Drive.
Explaining my Experience with the STRIX GTX1070 OC
Scott Coburn from Medicine Hat writes:
- I am writing this as an impression of my experience with this card. I built a system for my son's friend and this was the card he purchased. Over the course of a few days, I tested the card in his newly built system. Gaming performance is incredible, it outperforms my 980GTX by as much as 40% in some games. The cooling is fantastic as well, in all the time I spent stressing his system, the card never got over 65°C with a custom fan profile. The RGB lighting is nice if you're into that.
- None that I observed. I guess it could have been cheaper, but for this performance level I think the price is pretty much spot on.
- While I don't own this card myself, I had enough time with it to give a detailed review. To sum up, it's cool, quiet, looks nice especially in a case with a full window, offers excellent performance. In my testing the Turbo Boost clock maintained a frequency around 2000MHz. If you are on the fence, there is no reason not to get this card.
The best gtx 1070 ever!!
Marc from Landry writes:
- Compared to the founders edition and some other 1070's this seems to be the best and it preforms really well.
- The clock is higher then the specs say, I'm not sure if this was a mistake but during intense gaming the max MHz I've seen is 2000. Beast card.