Seagate® Exos™ 7E8 Enterprise Storage: Trusted, Efficient, Versatile
Superior Performance with Advanced Caching
For everything Enterprise storage, there's Exos™ E - the safest and most powerful way to traverse the datasphere and harness its full potential. Always on and always working, the Exos™ E series of hard drives is loaded with advanced options for optimal performance, reliability, security and user-definable storage management. Built on generations of industry-defining innovation, Exos™ E is designed to work and perform consistently in enterprise-class workloads.
The Seagate® Exos™ 7E8 enterprise hard drive confidently stores up to 8TB of data without sacrificing performance. The secure, high- capacity, high-performance drives are optimized for demanding enterprise bulk data applications
Quickly access and store bulk-data with field-proven ninth-generation technology and dependably fast random performance in a standard and familiar 3.5-inch footprint.*
- Up to 8TB capacity, SAS or SATA interface
- Easy integration into replicated or RAID bulk storage systems
- Supports enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550TB/yr
- Advanced Write Cache translates into the industry's best response times and the fastest data transfers
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Seagate Secure™ capabilities ensure authentic and trusted products from a secure supply chain, available with hardware-based encryption (SED), Instant Secure Erase (ISE), TAA compliance and FIPS 140-2
- Seagate SeaTools™ diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring no unnecessary downtime and maximizing TCO
- 5 Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty
* Exos 7E8 is formerly known as Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD, version 5.0
Enterprise Drive for Bulk Data Applications
Exos™ 7E8 hard drives support up to 8TB per drive,1 offering bulk data storage for data center infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos™ 7E8 provides cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. Built on field-proven 9th-generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos™ 7E8 drive helps to catalyze the datasphere, enabling data center architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24x7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24x7 World
Exos™ 7E8 drives are backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and support workloads of 550TB per year - 10X that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E8 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Center Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data center footprint on the market today. The Exos™ 7E8 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interface options. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ and Seagate RAID Rebuild®, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Advanced security features help protect data where it lives - on the drive. Exos™ 7E8 prevents unauthorized drive access and safeguards stored data with security features that include Secure Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistent hard drive.1 Seagate Secure™ drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
|Interface||SATA III, supports SATA II and SATA interfaces at reduce performance levels|
|Bytes Per Sector||512|
|Spin Speed||7,200 rpm|
|Sustained Data Transfer Rate||249 MB/second|
|Average Latency||4.16 ms|
|MTBF||2,000,000 hours (Mean Time Between Failures)|
|Power On Hours||8,760 hours|
|Annual Failure Rate||0.44%|
|Unrecoverable Read Errors||1 sector per 1015|
|Average Power Consumption||Operating: 12W
|Power Supply Requirements||+12V and +5V|
|Temperature||5°C ~ 60°C|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||101.85 x 26.1 x 147 mm (4.01" x 1.03" x 5.79")|
|Weight||780g (1.72 lb)|
1. Seagate recommends validating your configuaration with your HBA/RAID controller manufacturer to ensure full capacity capabilities.
2. Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.